Re: [pcgen] Re: [pathfinder] Sorcerer with Draconic blood

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010
      On 06/08/2010 04:45, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > In this case, no. You could increase the caster level, but that won't work in all cases; plus, the
      > max would still limit you on the higher end. And since all the Damages are not coded the same
      > (CASTERLEVEL)d6 or 1d6+(CASTERLEVEL) that wouldn't always work.

      the draconic one is +1 per die, so eg the L0 Ray of Frost becomes 1D3+1,
      and Cone Of Cold becomes (caster level)D6 + (caster level).
      Ice Storm is odd: it is a spell with the [cold] descriptor, but the
      damage is 3D6 impact and 2D6 cold. Read literally the draconic bloodline
      arcana adds +5 (the number of dice rolled); read interpretatively it
      might add only +2 (for the cold dice).

      Some spells like Fire Shield can be cast with either the [fire] or
      [cold] descriptor... (!)

      Bit of a coding nightmare? I'm happy enough to see the Arcana printed
      in the sample PDF Andrew mailed me from RC3. Now to get RC3!

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010
        Yeah, the code would be a major undertaking. I think the description in the
        Ability should suffice for this.

        Let me know if the Character Tab and PDF OS are working for you.
         --
        Andrew

        ________________________________
          On 06/08/2010 04:45, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        >    Hi,
        >
        > In this case, no. You could increase the caster level, but that won't work in
        >all cases; plus, the
        > max would still limit you on the higher end. And since all the Damages are not
        >coded the same
        > (CASTERLEVEL)d6 or 1d6+(CASTERLEVEL) that wouldn't always work.

        the draconic one is +1 per die, so eg the L0 Ray of Frost becomes 1D3+1,
        and Cone Of Cold becomes (caster level)D6 + (caster level).
        Ice Storm is odd: it is a spell with the [cold] descriptor, but the
        damage is 3D6 impact and 2D6 cold. Read literally the draconic bloodline
        arcana adds +5 (the number of dice rolled);  read interpretatively it
        might add only +2 (for the cold dice).

        Some spells like Fire Shield can be cast with either the [fire] or
        [cold] descriptor... (!)

        Bit of a coding nightmare?  I'm happy enough to see the Arcana printed
        in the sample PDF Andrew mailed me from RC3.  Now to get RC3!

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
        ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+)
        Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++

        ------------------------------------

        Related Lists
        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
        PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Saxum Caribetum
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010
          On 06/08/2010 22:53, Andrew Maitland wrote:
          > Yeah, the code would be a major undertaking. I think the description in the
          > Ability should suffice for this.
          >
          > Let me know if the Character Tab and PDF OS are working for you.

          yes that Character Tab and PDF OS are fine!

          (Getting driven up the wall 'cos 5.17.x files are not compatible with
          5.16.x, so files I've upgraded to take advantage of early fixes seem to
          be in a right mess.)

          --
          Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010
            Sorry to hear that... We don't have anything to revert files. But I've been in
            that boat before.

            Glad the OS and Character Sheet are working for you now though.
             --
            Andrew