Re: [pcgen] New Feat...

  • John Bauldree
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2010
      Thank you. (x) would be a set number say... 3

      >>> On 7/30/2010 at 3:29 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Our PCGen List File Help Group is back up and running, and this type of question should go over there...

      However, to answer your question: (And this one is tricky cause you've said it can't exceed level,
      plus you don't give the value of x) You can do this a few different methods, the complex math
      equations are not my strong suite. I'll give you instead a 'lazy' first pass and a second more
      thorough but more complex set up one. I've also set this up to go to the list file help group, and
      hopefully the more math savvy folks can come up with an easier solution.

      New Feat
      TYPE:General
      PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Animal Companion
      PRECLASS:1,Ranger=1,Druid=1
      DESC:What you had.
      BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|FeatNameBonus
      DEFINE:FeatNameBonus|0
      BONUS:VAR|FeatNameBonus|x|PREVARLTEQ:CompLevel,TL

      More Complex method - Must edit files manually for this method.

      #Feat File
      New Feat
      TYPE:General
      PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Animal Companion
      PRECLASS:1,Ranger=1,Druid=1
      DESC:What you had.
      BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|FeatNameBonus
      DEFINE:FeatNameBonus|0
      BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Animal Companion Druid Lvl Bonus|1

      #Ability Cat File
      ABILITYCATEGORY:Animal Companion Druid Lvl Bonus
      TYPE:AnimalCompLvlChoice
      CATEGORY:Special Ability
      DISPLAYLOCATION:FEAT
      EDITABLE:YES

      # Ability File
      Druid Lvl Bonus +1
      KEY:Druid_1
      TYPE:AnimalCompLvlChoice
      PREVAREQ:CompLevel,TL-1
      BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|1

      Druid Lvl Bonus +2
      KEY:Druid_2
      TYPE:AnimalCompLvlChoice
      PREVAREQ:CompLevel,TL-2
      BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|2

      Druid Lvl Bonus +3
      KEY:Druid_3
      TYPE:AnimalCompLvlChoice
      PREVARLTEQ:CompLevel,TL-3
      BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|3

      rinse and repeat as needed to achieve the proper bonus.

      On 7/30/2010 11:51 AM, John Bauldree wrote:
      > I was wondering how I would code this:
      >
      > Situation I have is I created a ranger. A ranger gets an animal companion @ 4th level but only at 1/2 the power of the druid animal companion
      >
      > Feat name: new feat name
      > Prereq: Animal Companion
      > Benefit: add (x) to your Effective Druid level for determining bonus stuff for your animal companion (see Animal companion in the SRD somewhere) this bonus cannot take your effective druid level over your total level.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > John

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin