New Feat...

  • John Bauldree
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2010
      I was wondering how I would code this:

      Situation I have is I created a ranger. A ranger gets an animal companion @ 4th level but only at 1/2 the power of the druid animal companion

      Feat name: new feat name
      Prereq: Animal Companion
      Benefit: add (x) to your Effective Druid level for determining bonus stuff for your animal companion (see Animal companion in the SRD somewhere) this bonus cannot take your effective druid level over your total level.

      Thanks,
      John

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 2010

        Our PCGen List File Help Group is back up and running, and this type of question should go over there...

        However, to answer your question: (And this one is tricky cause you've said it can't exceed level,
        plus you don't give the value of x) You can do this a few different methods, the complex math
        equations are not my strong suite. I'll give you instead a 'lazy' first pass and a second more
        thorough but more complex set up one. I've also set this up to go to the list file help group, and
        hopefully the more math savvy folks can come up with an easier solution.

        New Feat
        TYPE:General
        PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Animal Companion
        PRECLASS:1,Ranger=1,Druid=1
        DESC:What you had.
        BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|FeatNameBonus
        DEFINE:FeatNameBonus|0
        BONUS:VAR|FeatNameBonus|x|PREVARLTEQ:CompLevel,TL

        More Complex method - Must edit files manually for this method.

        #Feat File
        New Feat
        TYPE:General
        PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Animal Companion
        PRECLASS:1,Ranger=1,Druid=1
        DESC:What you had.
        BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|FeatNameBonus
        DEFINE:FeatNameBonus|0
        BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Animal Companion Druid Lvl Bonus|1

        #Ability Cat File
        ABILITYCATEGORY:Animal Companion Druid Lvl Bonus
        TYPE:AnimalCompLvlChoice
        CATEGORY:Special Ability
        DISPLAYLOCATION:FEAT
        EDITABLE:YES

        # Ability File
        Druid Lvl Bonus +1
        KEY:Druid_1
        TYPE:AnimalCompLvlChoice
        PREVAREQ:CompLevel,TL-1
        BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|1

        Druid Lvl Bonus +2
        KEY:Druid_2
        TYPE:AnimalCompLvlChoice
        PREVAREQ:CompLevel,TL-2
        BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|2

        Druid Lvl Bonus +3
        KEY:Druid_3
        TYPE:AnimalCompLvlChoice
        PREVARLTEQ:CompLevel,TL-3
        BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|3

        rinse and repeat as needed to achieve the proper bonus.

        On 7/30/2010 11:51 AM, John Bauldree wrote:
        > I was wondering how I would code this:
        >
        > Situation I have is I created a ranger. A ranger gets an animal companion @ 4th level but only at 1/2 the power of the druid animal companion
        >
        > Feat name: new feat name
        > Prereq: Animal Companion
        > Benefit: add (x) to your Effective Druid level for determining bonus stuff for your animal companion (see Animal companion in the SRD somewhere) this bonus cannot take your effective druid level over your total level.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > John

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • John Bauldree
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30, 2010
          Thank you. (x) would be a set number say... 3

          Hi,