PC-Gen on Android?

  • E.q.b
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2010
      Ok, so I was looking at a cheap android based tablet the other day and it got me thinking about how I'd use it for gaming. Does PC-Gen, being Java and all, work on Android 2.1 I think it was. (in case you hadn't surmised already, I really know nothing about android as an OS beyond the fact that its ostensibly Open Source and based off Linux to some extent.)
    • Anestis Kozakis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2010
        On 2010/07/30 2:35 PM +0000, E.q.b gave their opinion about the topic
        of [pcgen] PC-Gen on Android?...
        >Ok, so I was looking at a cheap android based tablet the other day
        >and it got me thinking about how I'd use it for gaming. Does PC-Gen,
        >being Java and all, work on Android 2.1 I think it was. (in case you
        >hadn't surmised already, I really know nothing about android as an
        >OS beyond the fact that its ostensibly Open Source and based off
        >Linux to some extent.)

        Just a guess, but, amongst the memory and processor needs, I think
        the Android's screen will be a bit small for PCGen to run properly.

        Anestis.

        --
        Anestis Kozakis
        PCGen Webteam Second
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2010
          I don't think Android uses the full JAVA language. Over on the MapTools
          forums one of the programmers stated this. I was looking into getting a
          android tablet to run MapTools and PC-Gen from.

        • Jonathan Thompson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2010
            I wouldnt mind it running on my blackberry, but then again I sometimes come
            up with ideas and want to build characters on the go.

            On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...> wrote:

            > I don't think Android uses the full JAVA language. Over on the MapTools
            > forums one of the programmers stated this. I was looking into getting a
            > android tablet to run MapTools and PC-Gen from.

            Jonathan M. Thompson
            Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions

            jthompson@...
            d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
            thompsonjm@...
            Now on Sale: Open Anime (Open Core) and Gaslight Victorian Fantasy
            (OGL/Savage Worlds)
            In Development: (2010) Double Spiral War, Terran Trade Authority, 1632
            Second Edition | "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were.
            But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan