Re: [pcgen] [Trackered] MSRD heroic classes...

  • Andrew Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
      I'd bet it's passing the wrong source into the formula creation, and since it
      can't figure out which class you want it to evaluate for it returns zero.

      andrew

      On 27 July 2010 06:05, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
      >   Hi,
      >
      > Confirmed; though the test suite character didn't break, very odd indeed.
      >
      > This is a big bad bug -
      >

      >    CL not being evaluated on SUBCLASS Levels greater than Level 1
      >    <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-188>
      >

      > On 7/26/2010 1:04 PM, gjorbjond wrote:
      >> I downloaded 5163RC2 and ran into an issue creating a modern character.  For some reason the SUBCLASSLEVEL:2 lines containing the class-specific feats aren't working.  It looks like it should work, so I suspect it may be a code problem rather than a data problem.
      >>
      >> All you have to do is create any heroic character, up them to lvl 2, and you'll see that it doesn't list the class specific feats.  If you move the feat-granting code to SUBCLASSLEVEL:1, it works fine.
      >>

      >> ------------------------------------
      >>
      >> Related Lists
      >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      >> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>

      > --
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • thpr
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
        There are 2 possibilities:

        (1) There is a formula resolution that takes place where the proper source is not provided (called many different places and will be specific to the usage in the data)

        (2) There is a way to get a PCClassLevel not loaded with the proper source (originated in the PCClass) (would be in a few focused places, and effectively shared across all usages of tokens in class levels)

        I find (1) more likely given that the test suite character works, so we'll need to know precisely where the formula is that is a problem (what location/token does it appear in)

        TP.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
          Tom,

          I specifically tested the same character twice - rebuilt the same way:

          SUBCLASSLEVEL:2 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Blah|CL/2

          Would not work

          Change that to
          SUBCLASSLEVEL:1 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Blah|CL/2
          And it works. It very much seems to directly relate to the SubClass structure.
          Whether it's directly tied to CL or anything I can't say. It's baffling me as
          well. I haven't tried changing it to a straight number.

          --
          Andrew

          ________________________________

          ------------------------------------

          Related Lists
          PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
          PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Honkman James
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 30, 2010
            Uh, how do you do this?

            > Tom,
            >
            > I specifically tested the same character twice - rebuilt the same way:
            >
            > SUBCLASSLEVEL:2 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Blah|CL/2
            >
            > Would not work
            >
            > Change that to
            > SUBCLASSLEVEL:1 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Blah|CL/2
            > And it works. It very much seems to directly relate to the SubClass structure.
            > Whether it's directly tied to CL or anything I can't say. It's baffling me as
            > well. I haven't tried changing it to a straight number.
            >
            > --
            > Andrew
            >

            > ________________________________

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 30, 2010

              I'll be releasing 5.16.3 RC3 tomorrow - that will have the fix in it. If
              you are unsure about editing the data files it might be better to wait
              for that.

              Oh and Tom was quite correct, the problem was that the source of the
              formula was not being correctly found - it was getting mixed up on the
              subclass vs the class. All fixed now.

              Cheers,
              James.

              On 31/07/2010 3:40 PM Honkman James wrote