Re: [pcgen] [Trackered] MSRD heroic classes...

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26, 2010
      Hi,

      Confirmed; though the test suite character didn't break, very odd indeed.

      This is a big bad bug -

      CL not being evaluated on SUBCLASS Levels greater than Level 1
      <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-188>

      On 7/26/2010 1:04 PM, gjorbjond wrote:
      > I downloaded 5163RC2 and ran into an issue creating a modern character. For some reason the SUBCLASSLEVEL:2 lines containing the class-specific feats aren't working. It looks like it should work, so I suspect it may be a code problem rather than a data problem.
      >
      > All you have to do is create any heroic character, up them to lvl 2, and you'll see that it doesn't list the class specific feats. If you move the feat-granting code to SUBCLASSLEVEL:1, it works fine.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Andrew Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
        I'd bet it's passing the wrong source into the formula creation, and since it
        can't figure out which class you want it to evaluate for it returns zero.

        andrew

        On 27 July 2010 06:05, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
        >   Hi,
        >
        > Confirmed; though the test suite character didn't break, very odd indeed.
        >
        > This is a big bad bug -
        >

        >    CL not being evaluated on SUBCLASS Levels greater than Level 1
        >    <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-188>
        >

        > On 7/26/2010 1:04 PM, gjorbjond wrote:
        >> I downloaded 5163RC2 and ran into an issue creating a modern character.  For some reason the SUBCLASSLEVEL:2 lines containing the class-specific feats aren't working.  It looks like it should work, so I suspect it may be a code problem rather than a data problem.
        >>
        >> All you have to do is create any heroic character, up them to lvl 2, and you'll see that it doesn't list the class specific feats.  If you move the feat-granting code to SUBCLASSLEVEL:1, it works fine.
        >>

        >> ------------------------------------
        >>
        >> Related Lists
        >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        >> Yahoo! Groups Links
        >>

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • thpr
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
          There are 2 possibilities:

          (1) There is a formula resolution that takes place where the proper source is not provided (called many different places and will be specific to the usage in the data)

          (2) There is a way to get a PCClassLevel not loaded with the proper source (originated in the PCClass) (would be in a few focused places, and effectively shared across all usages of tokens in class levels)

          I find (1) more likely given that the test suite character works, so we'll need to know precisely where the formula is that is a problem (what location/token does it appear in)

          TP.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
            Tom,

            I specifically tested the same character twice - rebuilt the same way:

            SUBCLASSLEVEL:2 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Blah|CL/2

            Would not work

            Change that to
            SUBCLASSLEVEL:1 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Blah|CL/2
            And it works. It very much seems to directly relate to the SubClass structure.
            Whether it's directly tied to CL or anything I can't say. It's baffling me as
            well. I haven't tried changing it to a straight number.

            --
            Andrew

            ________________________________
            (1) There is a formula resolution that takes place where the proper source is
            not provided (called many different places and will be specific to the usage in
            the data)

            (2) There is a way to get a PCClassLevel not loaded with the proper source
            (originated in the PCClass) (would be in a few focused places, and effectively
            shared across all usages of tokens in class levels)

            I find (1) more likely given that the test suite character works, so we'll need
            to know precisely where the formula is that is a problem (what location/token
            does it appear in)

            TP.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...> wrote:

            > I'd bet it's passing the wrong source into the formula creation, and since it
            > can't figure out which class you want it to evaluate for it returns zero.
            >
            > andrew
            >
            > On 27 July 2010 06:05, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
            > >   Hi,
            > >
            > > Confirmed; though the test suite character didn't break, very odd indeed.
            > >
            > > This is a big bad bug -
            > >

            > >    CL not being evaluated on SUBCLASS Levels greater than Level 1
            > >    <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-188>
            > >

            > > On 7/26/2010 1:04 PM, gjorbjond wrote:
            > >> I downloaded 5163RC2 and ran into an issue creating a modern character.
            > For some reason the SUBCLASSLEVEL:2 lines containing the class-specific feats
            >aren't working.  It looks like it should work, so I suspect it may be a code
            >problem rather than a data problem.
            > >>
            > >> All you have to do is create any heroic character, up them to lvl 2, and
            >you'll see that it doesn't list the class specific feats.  If you move the
            >feat-granting code to SUBCLASSLEVEL:1, it works fine.
            > >>

            > >> ------------------------------------
            > >>
            > >> Related Lists
            > >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
            > >> PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
            > >> PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
            > >> PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
            >http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

            > >> Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >>

            > > --
            > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            > > Related Lists
            > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
            >http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            ------------------------------------

            Related Lists
            PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
            PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Honkman James
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 30, 2010
              Uh, how do you do this?

              > Tom,
              >
              > I specifically tested the same character twice - rebuilt the same way:
              >
              > SUBCLASSLEVEL:2 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Blah|CL/2
              >
              > Would not work
              >
              > Change that to
              > SUBCLASSLEVEL:1 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Blah|CL/2
              > And it works. It very much seems to directly relate to the SubClass structure.
              > Whether it's directly tied to CL or anything I can't say. It's baffling me as
              > well. I haven't tried changing it to a straight number.
              >
              > --
              > Andrew
              >

              > ________________________________

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 30, 2010
                Hi,

                I'll be releasing 5.16.3 RC3 tomorrow - that will have the fix in it. If
                you are unsure about editing the data files it might be better to wait
                for that.

                Oh and Tom was quite correct, the problem was that the source of the
                formula was not being correctly found - it was getting mixed up on the
                subclass vs the class. All fixed now.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 31/07/2010 3:40 PM Honkman James wrote