Re: [BUG] AC additions when using non-human race?

  • Maredudd
    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 26, 2010
      Hi Folks!

      Matt wrote:
      > As to what stacks, all bonus's of different types stack. So,
      > armor, shield, natural armor, dodge, racial, holy, infernal,
      > luck, circumstance, and deflection all stack.
      >
      > Dodge bonuses stack with each other, as do different types
      > of circumstance bonus. If you somehow get two different
      > racial bonuses ( say from base race plus template) then those
      > stack with each other as well.
      >
      > Enhancement bonuses are special critters that boost a base
      > bonus type (shield, natural armor, or armor). They do not stack.

      And as Stefan pointed out, the Deflection bonus does not.

      Quoting your original post:

      > Custom version of Boots of Striding and Springing. Addtype=Ring.
      > Add +3 Deflection Bonus. Change Name to Protective Ring of
      > Striding and Springing. The ring came out right, and had the
      > right name and price.

      Note the +3 Deflection bonus.

      > For the amulet, I took an amulet of Mighty
      > Fists (+3) and created a custom object from it called Amulet of
      > Naturally Protective Mighty Fists (+3) and (+3 Deflection). Again,
      > price seemed to work out correctly.

      Again, note the +3 Deflection bonus.

      These will note stack.

      Maredudd
    • papa_drb
      Message 2 of 30 , Jul 26, 2010
        Let me be a little clearer.

        The Amulet of Mighty Fists with the additional Enhancement Bonus to Natural Armor is *NOT* in the final AC calculations. That is where the off by 3 AC is coming from.

        I have looked at the item in the .pcg file, but equip mods makes my head spin and green pea soup come out of my mouth so here are some possibilities...

        EQUIPNAME:Amulet of Mighty Fists ( Natural Armor Bonus (Enhancement) (+3))|OUTPUTORDER:2|COST:18000.0|WT:0.02|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Amulet of Mighty Fists|DATA:NAME=Amulet of Mighty Fists ( Natural Armor Bonus (Enhancement) (+3))$EQMOD=AMF.BNS_ENHC_NAT&pipe;+3]

        1) The equip mod for BNS_ENH_NAT is not being added correctly to the equipment by the lst editor.
        2) The equip mod for BNS_ENH_NAT is not being added to the Natural Armor AC correctly
        3) The BNS_ENH_NAT equip mod is defined incorrectly.
        4) Something else entirely.

        However, I have narrowed the problem down to the Amulet of Mighty Fists and the added Natural Armor Bonus Enhancement.

        As an FYI, a *normal* Amulet of Natural Armor +3 gives the correct AC.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB