Stupid Yahoo!

  • Matthew
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010
      I have posted 2-3 times to this group today, and all my posts are being eaten. I am assuming that I am not being modded out by a moderator.

      I will try again. :(

      I used the gui to make the magical objects, I didn't hand-code any of them.

      Psuedodragon : +4 AC (+2 natural armor, +2 size), default psuedodragon from bestiary.
      Chain mail Barding +3 (+6 AC)
      Amulet of Mighty Fists (Added +3 Natural armor enhancement to it via gui).
      Boots (Addtype Ring via gui, add +3 Deflection via gui).
      Equip boots on ring slot, equip amulet on amulet slot, equip barding on body slot.
      AC Bonuses :

      Size : +2
      Natural Armor : +2
      Improved Natural Armor : +1
      Dodge : +1
      +3 Enhancement to Natural Armor : +3
      +3 Deflection Bonus to Armor : +3
      Dexterity : +4
      Chainmail Armor : +6 (as pointed out, I had this wrong)
      Total AC should be : 10 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 +1 = 32

      AC being shown : 29

      Something is off.
    • Chip Dunning
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010
        > Psuedodragon : +4 AC (+2 natural armor, +2 size), default psuedodragon from bestiary.
        > Chain mail Barding +3 (+6 AC)
        > Amulet of Mighty Fists (Added +3 Natural armor enhancement to it via gui).
        > Boots (Addtype Ring via gui, add +3 Deflection via gui).
        > Equip boots on ring slot, equip amulet on amulet slot, equip barding on body slot.

        Amulet of Mighty Fists does not add armor.
        (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Amulet_of_Mighty_Fists)

        It is the same under Pathfinder or the SRD.

        Chip
        -----
        "The reason the mainstream is considered a stream is because it's so
        shallow" --George Carlin

        On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Matthew <mattdt0@...> wrote:
        > I have posted 2-3 times to this group today, and all my posts are being eaten.  I am assuming that I am not being modded out by a moderator.
        >
        > I will try again. :(
        >
        > I used the gui to make the magical objects, I didn't hand-code any of them.
        >
        > AC Bonuses :
        >
        > Size : +2
        > Natural Armor : +2
        > Improved Natural Armor : +1
        > Dodge : +1
        > +3 Enhancement to Natural Armor : +3
        > +3 Deflection Bonus to Armor : +3
        > Dexterity : +4
        > Chainmail Armor : +6 (as pointed out, I had this wrong)
        > Total AC should be : 10 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 +1 = 32
        >
        > AC being shown : 29
        >
        > Something is off.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • Ainvar G
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010
          Earlier in the thread, Matthew had explained why, but his Amulet of Mighty Fists
          was enhanced to do double duty as an Amulet of Natural Armor +3.

          AinvarG

          ________________________________
          > Psuedodragon : +4 AC (+2 natural armor, +2 size), default psuedodragon from
          >bestiary.
          > Chain mail Barding +3 (+6 AC)
          > Amulet of Mighty Fists (Added +3 Natural armor enhancement to it via gui).
          > Boots (Addtype Ring via gui, add +3 Deflection via gui).
          > Equip boots on ring slot, equip amulet on amulet slot, equip barding on body
          >slot.

          Amulet of Mighty Fists does not add armor.
          (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Amulet_of_Mighty_Fists)

          It is the same under Pathfinder or the SRD.

          Chip
          -----
          "The reason the mainstream is considered a stream is because it's so
          shallow" --George Carlin

          On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Matthew <mattdt0@...> wrote:
          > I have posted 2-3 times to this group today, and all my posts are being eaten.
          > I am assuming that I am not being modded out by a moderator.
          >
          > I will try again. :(
          >
          > I used the gui to make the magical objects, I didn't hand-code any of them.
          >
          > AC Bonuses :
          >
          > Size : +2
          > Natural Armor : +2
          > Improved Natural Armor : +1
          > Dodge : +1
          > +3 Enhancement to Natural Armor : +3
          > +3 Deflection Bonus to Armor : +3
          > Dexterity : +4
          > Chainmail Armor : +6 (as pointed out, I had this wrong)
          > Total AC should be : 10 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 +1 = 32
          >
          > AC being shown : 29
          >
          > Something is off.

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
          > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
          >http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

        • Matthew
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010
            It does if you create a custom item and add the magical effect.

            This is per RAW, you can add additional bonuses to another item, it just ups the cost (see the magic item creation rules).

            Secondly, this is Pathfinder, not D&D.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Chip Dunning <chip.dunning@...> wrote:

            > > Psuedodragon : +4 AC (+2 natural armor, +2 size), default psuedodragon from bestiary.
            > > Chain mail Barding +3 (+6 AC)
            > > Amulet of Mighty Fists (Added +3 Natural armor enhancement to it via gui).
            > > Boots (Addtype Ring via gui, add +3 Deflection via gui).
            > > Equip boots on ring slot, equip amulet on amulet slot, equip barding on body slot.
            >
            > Amulet of Mighty Fists does not add armor.
            > (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Amulet_of_Mighty_Fists)
            >
            > It is the same under Pathfinder or the SRD.
            >

            > Chip
            > -----
            > "The reason the mainstream is considered a stream is because it's so
            > shallow" --George Carlin
            >

            > On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Matthew <mattdt0@...> wrote:
            > > I have posted 2-3 times to this group today, and all my posts are being eaten.  I am assuming that I am not being modded out by a moderator.
            > >
            > > I will try again. :(
            > >
            > > I used the gui to make the magical objects, I didn't hand-code any of them.
            > >
            > > AC Bonuses :
            > >
            > > Size : +2
            > > Natural Armor : +2
            > > Improved Natural Armor : +1
            > > Dodge : +1
            > > +3 Enhancement to Natural Armor : +3
            > > +3 Deflection Bonus to Armor : +3
            > > Dexterity : +4
            > > Chainmail Armor : +6 (as pointed out, I had this wrong)
            > > Total AC should be : 10 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 +1 = 32
            > >
            > > AC being shown : 29
            > >
            > > Something is off.
            > >

            > > ------------------------------------
            > >
            > > Related Lists

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Matthew
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010
              Second Reply, 1st got eaten.

              If you right click on Amulet of Mighty Fists, it gives you an option to create 'Custom Item'. Under that menu, you can select 'Natural Armor Enhancement', then it allows you to pick an enhancement level (+3 in my case).

              This is valid per the rules of both D&D and PF. This is called 'stacking an item'. Basically, enchanting an item with more than one enchantment.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010
                Thanks,
                I posted that twice. This one might get through. I'm having about a 90% drop rate with Yahoo. Apparently they are incapable of properly maintaining the groups.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010

                  Seems there is a good hour delay with my posts too.

                  On 7/25/2010 10:04 PM, Matthew wrote:
                  > Second Reply, 1st got eaten.
                  >
                  > If you right click on Amulet of Mighty Fists, it gives you an option to create 'Custom Item'. Under that menu, you can select 'Natural Armor Enhancement', then it allows you to pick an enhancement level (+3 in my case).
                  >
                  > This is valid per the rules of both D&D and PF. This is called 'stacking an item'. Basically, enchanting an item with more than one enchantment.
                  >
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Chip Dunning<chip.dunning@...> wrote:
                  >> Amulet of Mighty Fists does not add armor.
                  >> (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Amulet_of_Mighty_Fists)
                  >>
                  >> It is the same under Pathfinder or the SRD.

                  > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin