Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Board of Directors Meeting Log - July 5th, 2010

Expand Messages
  • Andrew Maitland
    Hi Folks, Just minor editing to correct small typos. Otherwise this is the original transcript. [19:00] I have 7pm PDT - is everyone ready?
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 8:03 PM
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Folks,

      Just minor editing to correct small typos. Otherwise this is the original transcript.


      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> I have 7pm PDT - is everyone ready?

      [19:00] <[PR]Maredudd> yep

      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> Welcome to the PCGen Board of Directors tonight's agenda includes:

      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> 0) Welcome Barak

      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew>

      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1) Team Reports which should encompass:

      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1a) Sub Projects Progress - Some of these will be covered by the Team Reports.

      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1b) CDOM,

      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1c) UI,

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1d) LST Editor,

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1e) Template Engine,

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1f) Forum/Mail Integration

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 2) 5.16.3RC2 or Production Release? - Any Hold ups?

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3) Outstanding issues

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3a) Any Data Approval Gating Code Progress? [6.x]

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3b) SF to JIRA Progress/Status

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3c) WIKI updates -

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3d) Any Proposals that are outstanding at this point?

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 4) Missing Yahoo Groups - updates?

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 5) Open Discussion

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> * Can also include recognition of any volunteers for outstanding work -
      it's been a goodly time since we had any well-deserved public praise for hard work

      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, I'll start of with the Admin Team

      [19:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> Trackers - David has tackled 100+ trackers easily, and still plenty more to
      go. Data still is needed as is Docs, OS... I think PL is under the Code Trackers... And New Source
      is closed out from SF.

      [19:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> AinvarG is our newest TM and is undertaking some PF Data bugs.

      [19:04] <@[Chair]Andrew> Website - Well, we've had a bit of a flurry from recent events - Important
      files are being backed up to the VPS; and I'll be contact Tony to get an update on the Bridge; we've
      also asked for another volunteer with some experience in those areas if he'd be interested in
      joining up.

      [19:05] <@[Chair]Andrew> Release - James got 5.16.3RC1 out the door, and Eric posted the
      announcements. James when is the next release scheduled currently?

      [19:07] <@[Chair]Andrew> James?

      [19:07] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Sorry called away

      [19:08] <jamesd[Code_SB]> The next release is really dependant on the discussion today

      [19:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> fair enough

      [19:08] <jamesd[Code_SB]> it will be either 5.16.3 or 5.16.3 RC2

      [19:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> We'll tackle that at agenda item #2 then. :)

      [19:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> Any questions then?

      [19:09] <@[Chair]Andrew> James, you're up next. :)

      [19:10] <jamesd[Code_SB]> maybe skip me for now

      [19:10] <@[Chair]Andrew> fair enough, Tom are you ready?

      [19:11] <[Arch_SB]thpr> ok

      [19:11] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Basically just chipping away at the CDOM work

      [19:11] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Primarily a lot of "guts" items for the moment - nothing that data would
      notice, for example

      [19:12] <[Arch_SB]thpr> trying to get a few things worked out for some other work that will help
      clear up the final steps of CHOOSE

      [19:12] <[Arch_SB]thpr> that's pretty much it from me of late

      [19:12] <@[Chair]Andrew> unless there are questions for Tom, well move on to Eric.

      [19:13] <[PR]Maredudd> No question from me.

      [19:13] <[PR]Maredudd> The PR Team report will be short as usual.

      [19:14] <[PR]Maredudd> Press Release went out for RC1, as Andrew stated earlier. When the next RC or
      Production T=Release goes out we'll hit it again.

      [19:16] <[PR]Maredudd> A new publisher has come on board. Rite Publishing has granted us permission
      to include their source material,

      [19:16] <[PR]Maredudd> Jumping back to Trackers, I have closed all Doc Bugs and am in the process of
      moving the Doc FREQs from SF to JIRA.

      [19:17] <[PR]Maredudd> That's all I have. Any questions?

      [19:17] <Papa-DRB> Raises hand...

      [19:17] <@[Chair]Andrew> Excellent news on the new publisher.

      [19:17] <@[Chair]Andrew> Go ahead David

      [19:17] <Papa-DRB> Does the PR team "publish" the new releases on the Paizo boards?

      [19:18] <[PR]Maredudd> Yes we do but the latest hasn't made it over there yet. Neither has it made
      it to ENWorld. I'm doing those shortly . . .

      [19:18] <Papa-DRB> Ok. Paizo has been done already... ( oops )

      [19:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> I've got no questions... Back to James for Code Report.

      [19:20] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Sure

      [19:20] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Well as you would have seen there was a flurry of activity for the 5.16.2
      RC1 release

      [19:20] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Over the past two weeks we have had 30 bugs raised and 27 resolved.

      [19:21] <jamesd[Code_SB]> One feature request resolved in that time also

      [19:22] <jamesd[Code_SB]> One major focus of that effort was the stability of the LST editor

      [19:22] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Barak has noted a few new issues there so they will need to be logged and
      fixed too

      [19:22] <jamesd[Code_SB]> To that end code would like to see a RC2 release going out before the final

      [19:23] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Before I move to the sub-projects, any questions there?

      [19:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> No questions here. Good effort

      [19:24] <[PR]Maredudd> None here.

      [19:24] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Oh and thanks to JIRA I now have easy access to stats for the meeting.
      Anyone is welcome to look at my dashboard to get an idea of the type of info that we can get out for
      a project.

      [19:24] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ok, the UI revamp continues to make good progress.

      [19:25] <jamesd[Code_SB]> You would have seen the design for the new equipping page John produced

      [19:25] * @[Chair]Andrew agrees the roadmap feature in JIRA is nice

      [19:25] <jamesd[Code_SB]> and the summary tab is getting very close to done

      [19:26] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Tom covered the CDOM work and the LST Editor revamp hasn't progressed in
      the last two weeks

      [19:27] <jamesd[Code_SB]> So that's it from me - any questions?

      [19:27] <jamesd[Code_SB]> or anything I missed?

      [19:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> We have any status on the Template Engine?

      [19:28] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I am not aware of any progress on that front

      [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> No further questions then.

      [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> Agenda Item #2

      [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> 2) 5.16.3RC2 or Production Release? - Any Hold ups?

      [19:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> I agree that we need an RC2, all in favor?

      [19:29] *** Thoth___ has joined #pcgen

      [19:29] <jamesd[Code_SB]> aye

      [19:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> admin - aye

      [19:29] <[Arch_SB]thpr> y

      [19:29] <[PR]Maredudd> aye

      [19:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> and content abstains. Ayes have it. RC2 shall be the next release.

      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Item #2

      [19:30] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ok. I'll aim for that to be on the weekend then

      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> #3 sorry,

      [19:30] <jamesd[Code_SB]> One quick question

      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> go ahead

      [19:30] <jamesd[Code_SB]> There was mention earlier of the traits for pathfinder being included in
      output sheets for 5.16.3 - is that still a possibility?

      [19:31] <@[Chair]Andrew> I took a look, and on my copies, those exist in 5.16 branch

      [19:31] <[PR]Maredudd> On which sheets?

      [19:31] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll do a double check tonight, and add them if that is not the case.

      [19:31] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ok, we might need to compare notes then - we can do that after the meeting

      [19:31] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Thanks

      [19:32] <jamesd[Code_SB]> html combined and pdf standard

      [19:32] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3) Outstanding issues

      [19:32] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3a) Any Data Approval Gating Code Progress? [6.x]

      [19:32] <Papa-DRB> Question - Should we have Pathfinder specific sheets since enough has changed?

      [19:33] <@[Chair]Andrew> The base sheet can handle them all, unless something odd has occurred..

      [19:33] <Papa-DRB> CR's are different in Pathfinder than 3.5

      [19:33] <@[Chair]Andrew> It's a pain to have multiple sheets, as it's a hindrance to maintain when
      doing updates.

      [19:33] <@[Chair]Andrew> CRs aren't an OS thing, that's a GameMode thing.

      [19:34] <Papa-DRB> ok

      [19:34] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, Tom and James - Anything you require from the Data Team to progress?

      [19:34] <@[Chair]Andrew> Any outstanding proposals that require attention?

      [19:35] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Not at this time

      [19:35] <@[Chair]Andrew> I know James is dying to upload the SORTKEY code so he can have a clean repo...

      [19:35] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Just the approval for the sortkey proposal

      [19:35] <jamesd[Code_SB]> :)

      [19:36] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Tom I had satisfied your concerns about il8n on that one hadn't I?

      [19:36] <[Arch_SB]thpr> yes

      [19:36] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, I'll raise that one on PCGen main... see if we can't get that
      resolved quickly.

      [19:37] <[Arch_SB]thpr> My primary interlock item is TEST-23, which I need to catch up with you Andrew

      [19:37] <@[Chair]Andrew> SF to JIRA Progress/Status - We pretty much already covered that in the
      team status reports.

      [19:37] <[Arch_SB]thpr> thanks to David for his work on that

      [19:37] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, looks like I'll be staying after the meeting

      [19:37] <@[Chair]Andrew> :)

      [19:37] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yes, Thank You David.

      [19:38] <@[Chair]Andrew> Wiki updates - I'd like to add a tag system or something to remind myself
      and anyone else interested for any time sensitive items. Other than that I think the Wiki is a great
      tool with lots of information.

      [19:39] <@[Chair]Andrew> Shouldn't be too hard to add. Any questions about the Outstanding Issues
      before we move on?

      [19:39] <[PR]Maredudd> Nope.

      [19:40] <@[Chair]Andrew> #4 - 4) Missing Yahoo Groups - updates?

      [19:40] <@[Chair]Andrew> Kar put out a quick press release about this unexpected event.

      [19:41] <@[Chair]Andrew> We haven't heard back from Yahoo via Kar about any new developments.

      [19:42] <@[Chair]Andrew> The Teams are working to minimize any damage that this has caused. Unless
      anyone has anything to add or knows something else, I think this is going to be a matter of waiting
      for answers.

      [19:43] <@[Chair]Andrew> Questions?

      [19:43] <[PR]Maredudd> Nope.

      [19:43] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, agenda item #0 - Welcome our new Content Silverback - Barak aka Chris
      Chandler. Who couldn't make it tonight due to other obligations.

      [19:44] <@[Chair]Andrew> He'll be getting up to speed shortly and it should be a smooth transition.

      [19:45] <@[Chair]Andrew> Alright that's it for the main agenda, item #5 is Open Discussion where
      anyone present may voice questions, or offer comments about PCGen related matters.

      [19:45] <@[Chair]Andrew> You may also include recognition of any volunteers for outstanding work -
      it's been a goodly time since we had any well-deserved public praise for hard work

      [19:46] <@[Chair]Andrew> We've already mentioned David tonight. :)

      [19:46] <Papa-DRB> Thanks...

      [19:47] <@[Chair]Andrew> Anyone have anything at all to discuss? [5 minutes of no activity and I'll
      assume nobody has anything they want to discuss]

      [19:47] <[PR]Maredudd> Paul G has done a great job over the last couple of months taking care of the
      Licensing/OGL reviews!

      [19:47] <cpmeister____> what's the status of the up and coming Developer's meeting?

      [19:47] <cpmeister____> do we have a set date yet?

      [19:48] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I'll look over the suggestions tonight and send out a suggestion. I thin
      one of the best times was Friday night EDT

      [19:48] <jamesd[Code_SB]> but I will confirm that in a few hours

      [19:48] <cpmeister____> k

      [19:50] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'd like to say good Job to Conor for putting out UI updates practically
      every day. The work in the demo is amazing and awesome. And also for John and Kar behind the scenes
      for the amazing effort going into this project.

      [19:51] <cpmeister____> thanks :)

      [19:51] <@[Chair]Andrew> James - The Developers meeting is where we discuss the eventual merging of
      the various Sub projects, yes?

      [19:51] <jamesd[Code_SB]> That's correct yes

      [19:53] <@[Chair]Andrew> Anyone else want to ask anything before the close of the meeting?

      [19:54] <cpmeister____> nope

      [19:54] <jamesd[Code_SB]> none form me

      [19:54] <AinvarG> Nothing here

      [19:54] <[Arch_SB]thpr> nope

      [19:55] <@[Chair]Andrew> Thanks for coming everyone. Meeting Adjourned *Bangs Gavel*



      --
      Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.