SEVERE Unconstructed Reference Error

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2010
      What does this error mean? I've been getting it whenever I try to load a source I'm working on - which only at this point contains a single class file and a single ability file. The only special ability currently in the ability lst is a single AUTO:WEAPONPROF tag which grants the class proficiency with a few weapons. The ability works just fine when I wrote it into the class itself; it's when I try to put it in an ability lst and call it from the class lst that I have problems.
    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
        Try to give the whole error message.
        It ususally lists the reference it can't resolve.
        In this case, (and without further information) I suspect you misspelled the ability in either the class file or the ability file, or forgot to include the ability file in the pcc file.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <laharl_prinny@...> wrote:

        > What does this error mean? I've been getting it whenever I try to load a source I'm working on - which only at this point contains a single class file and a single ability file. The only special ability currently in the ability lst is a single AUTO:WEAPONPROF tag which grants the class proficiency with a few weapons. The ability works just fine when I wrote it into the class itself; it's when I try to put it in an ability lst and call it from the class lst that I have problems.

      • Ainvar G
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
          My understanding, in general terms, is that your dataset is trying to refer to something that the software can't find (and thus has not been constructed in memory). I think herzogaldilkassach's suggestions are spot on. Let us know how it works out!

          ________________________________
          It ususally lists the reference it can't resolve.
          In this case, (and without further information) I suspect you misspelled the ability in either the class file or the ability file, or forgot to include the ability file in the pcc file.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <laharl_prinny@...> wrote:

          > What does this error mean? I've been getting it whenever I try to load a source I'm working on - which only at this point contains a single class file and a single ability file. The only special ability currently in the ability lst is a single AUTO:WEAPONPROF tag which grants the class proficiency with a few weapons. The ability works just fine when I wrote it into the class itself; it's when I try to put it in an ability lst and call it from the class lst that I have problems.

        • thpr
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
            If you don't have a WeaponProf LST file that contains the Weapon Proficiency you are granting with AUTO:WEAPONPROF, that would likely be the source of the problem.

            TP.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
              It looks like you're right; I copied and pasted the name of the ability straight into the class lst file and it works fine now. I must have misspelled something. Thanks for the help!