RE: [pcgen] Just tried out PCGen w/ Pathfinder

  • Peni or Damon Griffin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
      -----Original Message-----
      From: pcgen@yahoogroups.com [mailto:pcgen@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      David R. Bender
      Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2010 5:52 PM
      To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [pcgen] Just tried out PCGen w/ Pathfinder

      CMB/CMD - It is on the Standard & compact sheets Don't know about the
      others.

      Okay, I'll experiment with different sheets.

      Clerical Domains - Well, they do, but not as a granted power that some
      of the sheets show. They show up as "Special Qualities" at the
      appropriate level.

      Aha! Or under Special Attacks in the case of the first power granted by
      the Sun domain.

      3PP magic items - If they are "standard" in that they can be built, ie.
      long sword +2, holy, keen. Then you can go to the equipment tab, right
      click on long sword and it pops up a create special item.

      I was thinking of Wondrous Items along the lines of Loot 4 Less -- nothing
      too weird but things you wouldn't build with point-and-click properties.

      Damon

    • Ainvar G
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2010
        I'm not positive what the status is, but I believe a request has been submitted to see if the publisher would be willing to let us include datasets from "Loot 4 Less" products. Even if they do not, creating a custom dataset with the items that interest you (if not all of them) is very do-able. If you decide to take a crack at it, look at the similar datasets already included with the PCGen install and bring your questions to the PCGenListHelp (address found toward the bottom of this post).

        I'm not an expert data monkey, but I've been able to do a lot of the materials from those books, so I'm pretty confident you can manage it if you want to. Just drop us a line if you get stuck. There's several people frequenting that list just to help folks out.

        Good luck!

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2010
          I'm not positive what the status is, but I believe a request has been
          submitted to see if the publisher would be willing to let us include
          datasets from "Loot 4 Less" products. Even if they do not, creating a custom
          dataset with the items that interest you (if not all of them) is very
          do-able. If you decide to take a crack at it, look at the similar datasets
          already included with the PCGen install and bring your questions to the
          PCGenListHelp (address found toward the bottom of this post).

          Yes, for now I was only interested in adding a few specific items as a
          custom dataset, rather than wholesale incorporation of the whole Loot 4 Less
          series or any other 3pp product. I'll take a look at the ones already
          included and see what I can suss out from them.

          Damon

        • Ainvar G
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2010
            Sounds great! Looking forward to hearing how it turns out for you. You might have noticed the announcement that the group I pointed you toward is having some sort of difficulty, so if you have questions or seek advice in your LST efforts, this has become the group to use until that group comes back online.

            You can contact me directly, also, but I'm not the expert that many of these folks are.

            If you do post your questions on the list, please avoid specific information about the publisher's content. That is, use generic terms like "I'm wanting to create a dagger that provides a +2 sacred bonus to Stealth checks," rather than posting the full text from the book or even "I need to create a Dagger of Olidammara". The first one (full text) is disrespectful of the publisher's copyright and against policy for the list; the second (naming the item) is not so much disrespectful, but it assumes the reader has the same source as you and requires them to go look up what exactly would need to be done to create the item you have in mind. The more work they have to do to help you, the less likely you will get the help in as timely a manner. (For the record, I have no idea if that item really exists, I made it up as I was typing this.)