Re: [pcgen] Re: PCGen 5.16.1 to 5.16.2 incompatibility

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010
      Hi Allen.

      On 3/07/2010 12:33 PM Allen C wrote
      > Hi James,
      >
      > It's Greek to me...or rather Java:
      >
      > This is from 5.16.3RC1.

      Excellent - that narrows it down to a problem with a spell, most likely
      that there is a spell that is not loading properly when you load your
      custom sources. When you do the load there is a window that pops up
      showing the progress and any errors encountered. Do you see anything in
      that window?

      Cheers,
      James.
    • Allen C
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010
        No, it's loading clean. But that's not to say there might be some problem with my file...

        I do have lots of custom spells. One of them did make the whole system crash...that took forever to isolate the one trouble maker. I commented it out and now it loads clean. (Never could figure that one out).

        Should I migrate this querry to the LST file support group?

        Many thanks,
        Allen

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010

          Send the problem file my way, a good sweep of prettyLst aught to find the trouble maker easy enough.

          On 7/2/2010 8:13 PM, Allen C wrote:
          > No, it's loading clean. But that's not to say there might be some problem with my file...
          >
          > I do have lots of custom spells. One of them did make the whole system crash...that took forever to isolate the one trouble maker. I commented it out and now it loads clean. (Never could figure that one out).
          >
          > Should I migrate this querry to the LST file support group?
          >
          > Many thanks,
          > Allen
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
          >> Hi Allen.
          >>
          >> On 3/07/2010 12:33 PM Allen C wrote
          >>> Hi James,
          >>>
          >>> It's Greek to me...or rather Java:
          >>>
          >>> This is from 5.16.3RC1.
          >>>

          >> Excellent - that narrows it down to a problem with a spell, most likely
          >> that there is a spell that is not loading properly when you load your
          >> custom sources. When you do the load there is a window that pops up
          >> showing the progress and any errors encountered. Do you see anything in
          >> that window?
          >>
          >> Cheers,
          >> James.

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/