Re: [pcgen] Re: Incorrect ACCheck for Studded Leather

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010

      Hm, makes you wonder if we couldn't do a better job of showing that they're encumbered on the
      Character somehow... Perhaps have a Field - Encumbered Penalties for Medium / Heavy... perhaps?

      This is the first time this issue has popped up...

      I'll mull it over and see if we can add something to have a better display.

      On 7/2/2010 6:32 PM, brianchurch wrote:
      > James,
      >
      > That's exactly what happened. I didn't notice that my encumbrance had shifted into medium range. Thanks for the quick reply.
      >
      > Brian Church
      >

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
      >> Hi Brian,
      >>
      >> What's the encumbrance on your character? That will also add to the penalty.
      >>
      >> Also, if that isn't the issue could you let us know what game mode and
      >> data sets you have loaded please, along with the version of PCGen you
      >> are using.
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >> James.
      >>
      >> On 3/07/2010 9:25 AM brianchurch wrote
      >>> I was creating a character this week and I noticed the ACCheck mechanism is applying a -3 ACP for skills instead of the -1 that should be applied.
      >>>
      >>> I then loaded my character with dwarven plate to see what would happen and he's appropriately hit with the -5 penalty.
      >>>
      >>> I checked the rsrd_equip_armorshields.lst file and the ACCheck flag appropriately reads -1.
      >>>
      >>> Is this simply a matter of editing a .lst file elsewhere?

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010

        Gotta love typo's when replying - I meant to say this isn't the first time this issue has come up.
        Anyways, I've opened an OS FREQ.

        Output Sheets

        * Output Sheets <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS>
        * OS-20 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-20>

        Add better indicator that a Character is encumbered. <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-20>

        On 7/2/2010 6:48 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Hm, makes you wonder if we couldn't do a better job of showing that they're encumbered on the
        > Character somehow... Perhaps have a Field - Encumbered Penalties for Medium / Heavy... perhaps?
        >
        > This is the first time this issue has popped up...
        >
        > I'll mull it over and see if we can add something to have a better display.
        >

        > On 7/2/2010 6:32 PM, brianchurch wrote:
        >> James,
        >>
        >> That's exactly what happened. I didn't notice that my encumbrance had shifted into medium range. Thanks for the quick reply.
        >>
        >> Brian Church
        >>

        >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
        >>> Hi Brian,
        >>>
        >>> What's the encumbrance on your character? That will also add to the penalty.
        >>>
        >>> Also, if that isn't the issue could you let us know what game mode and
        >>> data sets you have loaded please, along with the version of PCGen you
        >>> are using.
        >>>
        >>> Cheers,
        >>> James.
        >>>
        >>> On 3/07/2010 9:25 AM brianchurch wrote

        >> ------------------------------------
        >>
        >> Related Lists
        >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        >> Yahoo! Groups Links

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
          Hi Andrew,

          Seems a useful thing to display on the new summary page under
          encumbrance - total load and load category. e.g. Current Load: Medium
          (130 lbs). No need for a tracker for the new UI change.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 3/07/2010 11:48 AM Andrew Maitland wrote