Incorrect ACCheck for Studded Leather

  • brianchurch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
      I was creating a character this week and I noticed the ACCheck mechanism is applying a -3 ACP for skills instead of the -1 that should be applied.

      I then loaded my character with dwarven plate to see what would happen and he's appropriately hit with the -5 penalty.

      I checked the rsrd_equip_armorshields.lst file and the ACCheck flag appropriately reads -1.

      Is this simply a matter of editing a .lst file elsewhere?
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
        Hi Brian,

        What's the encumbrance on your character? That will also add to the penalty.

        Also, if that isn't the issue could you let us know what game mode and
        data sets you have loaded please, along with the version of PCGen you
        are using.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 3/07/2010 9:25 AM brianchurch wrote

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
          James,

          That's exactly what happened. I didn't notice that my encumbrance had shifted into medium range. Thanks for the quick reply.

          Brian Church

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010

            Hm, makes you wonder if we couldn't do a better job of showing that they're encumbered on the
            Character somehow... Perhaps have a Field - Encumbered Penalties for Medium / Heavy... perhaps?

            This is the first time this issue has popped up...

            I'll mull it over and see if we can add something to have a better display.

            On 7/2/2010 6:32 PM, brianchurch wrote:
            > James,
            >
            > That's exactly what happened. I didn't notice that my encumbrance had shifted into medium range. Thanks for the quick reply.
            >
            > Brian Church
            >

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
            >> Hi Brian,
            >>
            >> What's the encumbrance on your character? That will also add to the penalty.
            >>
            >> Also, if that isn't the issue could you let us know what game mode and
            >> data sets you have loaded please, along with the version of PCGen you
            >> are using.
            >>
            >> Cheers,
            >> James.
            >>
            >> On 3/07/2010 9:25 AM brianchurch wrote
            >>> I was creating a character this week and I noticed the ACCheck mechanism is applying a -3 ACP for skills instead of the -1 that should be applied.
            >>>
            >>> I then loaded my character with dwarven plate to see what would happen and he's appropriately hit with the -5 penalty.
            >>>
            >>> I checked the rsrd_equip_armorshields.lst file and the ACCheck flag appropriately reads -1.
            >>>
            >>> Is this simply a matter of editing a .lst file elsewhere?

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010

              Gotta love typo's when replying - I meant to say this isn't the first time this issue has come up.
              Anyways, I've opened an OS FREQ.

              Output Sheets

              * Output Sheets <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS>
              * OS-20 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-20>

              Add better indicator that a Character is encumbered. <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-20>

              On 7/2/2010 6:48 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Hm, makes you wonder if we couldn't do a better job of showing that they're encumbered on the
              > Character somehow... Perhaps have a Field - Encumbered Penalties for Medium / Heavy... perhaps?
              >
              > This is the first time this issue has popped up...
              >
              > I'll mull it over and see if we can add something to have a better display.
              >

              > On 7/2/2010 6:32 PM, brianchurch wrote:
              >> James,
              >>
              >> That's exactly what happened. I didn't notice that my encumbrance had shifted into medium range. Thanks for the quick reply.
              >>
              >> Brian Church
              >>

              >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
              >>> Hi Brian,
              >>>
              >>> What's the encumbrance on your character? That will also add to the penalty.
              >>>
              >>> Also, if that isn't the issue could you let us know what game mode and
              >>> data sets you have loaded please, along with the version of PCGen you
              >>> are using.
              >>>
              >>> Cheers,
              >>> James.
              >>>
              >>> On 3/07/2010 9:25 AM brianchurch wrote

              >> ------------------------------------
              >>
              >> Related Lists
              >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              >> Yahoo! Groups Links

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
                Hi Andrew,

                Seems a useful thing to display on the new summary page under
                encumbrance - total load and load category. e.g. Current Load: Medium
                (130 lbs). No need for a tracker for the new UI change.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 3/07/2010 11:48 AM Andrew Maitland wrote