Re: [pcgen] Re: PCGen 5.16.1 to 5.16.2 incompatibility

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010
      Hi Allen,

      The fixes were made after 5.16.3 RC1 was released, but nether of those
      should have stopped the load. What we couldn't reproduce was how your
      custom sources affected the load. To trace what it is going on, open the
      debug console (no need to change logging level) and post what comes out
      there. If it is really long, just send it to Andrew and I directly or
      upload it as a file.

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 3/07/2010 8:15 AM Allen C wrote
      > Glad to be of help...
      >
      > But I just loaded 5.16.3RC1 and it didn't load there either.
      >
      > Any thoughts? Is the remaining error User Error?
      >
      > Allen

      >> Hi Allen,
      >>
      >> Yes, it loads in 5.16.3RC1 and 5.17.4-dev.
      >>
      >> There are two trackers that I created because of it; both of which have already been fixed. James
      >> took used your pcg file to do those fixes.
      >>
      >> It was most helpful, and you just insured that people who would have encountered the same issue,
      >> won't. :)

    • Allen C
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010
        Hi James,

        It's Greek to me...or rather Java:

        This is from 5.16.3RC1.

        Allen

        -- listing properties --
        java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
        sun.boot.library.path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin
        java.vm.version=16.3-b01
        java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
        java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
        path.separator=;
        java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
        file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
        java.util.logging.config.file=C:\Program Files\PCGen\PCGen5163RC1\l...
        user.country=US
        sun.java.launcher=SUN_STANDARD
        sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 3
        java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
        user.dir=C:\Program Files\PCGen\PCGen5163RC1
        java.runtime.version=1.6.0_20-b02
        java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
        java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\endorsed
        os.arch=x86
        java.io.tmpdir=C:\DOCUME~1\Allen\LOCALS~1\Temp\
        line.separator=

        java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
        user.variant=
        os.name=Windows XP
        sun.jnu.encoding=Cp1252
        java.library.path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;.;C:\W...
        java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
        java.class.version=50.0
        sun.management.compiler=HotSpot Client Compiler
        os.version=5.1
        user.home=C:\Documents and Settings\Allen
        user.timezone=America/Los_Angeles
        java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
        file.encoding=Cp1252
        java.specification.version=1.6
        user.name=Allen
        java.class.path=C:\Program Files\PCGen\PCGen5163RC1\p...
        java.vm.specification.version=1.0
        sun.arch.data.model=32
        java.home=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
        java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
        user.language=en
        awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
        java.vm.info=mixed mode, sharing
        java.version=1.6.0_20
        java.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext;C:...
        sun.boot.class.path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\resour...
        java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
        file.separator=\
        java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport...
        sun.cpu.endian=little
        sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
        sun.desktop=windows
        sun.cpu.isalist=pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+m...
        Memory: 211,372Kb total, 97,192.062Kb free, 506,816Kb max.
        SEVERE pcgen.core.party.Party Error loading party partyFile.
        java.lang.NullPointerException
        at pcgen.core.Globals.getSpellsIn(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.PCClass.calculateKnownSpellsForClassLevel(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.PCClass.setLevel(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.io.PCGIOHandler.sanityChecks(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.io.PCGIOHandler.read(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.io.IOHandler.internalRead(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.io.IOHandler.read(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.party.Party.loadPCFromFile(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.party.Party.loadCharacterFiles(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.party.Party.load(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.PCGenMenuBar$1.openRecentPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.utils.JOpenRecentMenu$OpenRecentActionListener.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

        SEVERE pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1 Error in loadPCFromFile
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010
          Hi Allen.

          On 3/07/2010 12:33 PM Allen C wrote
          > Hi James,
          >
          > It's Greek to me...or rather Java:
          >
          > This is from 5.16.3RC1.

          Excellent - that narrows it down to a problem with a spell, most likely
          that there is a spell that is not loading properly when you load your
          custom sources. When you do the load there is a window that pops up
          showing the progress and any errors encountered. Do you see anything in
          that window?

          Cheers,
          James.
        • Allen C
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010
            No, it's loading clean. But that's not to say there might be some problem with my file...

            I do have lots of custom spells. One of them did make the whole system crash...that took forever to isolate the one trouble maker. I commented it out and now it loads clean. (Never could figure that one out).

            Should I migrate this querry to the LST file support group?

            Many thanks,
            Allen

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010

              Send the problem file my way, a good sweep of prettyLst aught to find the trouble maker easy enough.

              On 7/2/2010 8:13 PM, Allen C wrote:
              > No, it's loading clean. But that's not to say there might be some problem with my file...
              >
              > I do have lots of custom spells. One of them did make the whole system crash...that took forever to isolate the one trouble maker. I commented it out and now it loads clean. (Never could figure that one out).
              >
              > Should I migrate this querry to the LST file support group?
              >
              > Many thanks,
              > Allen
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
              >> Hi Allen.
              >>
              >> On 3/07/2010 12:33 PM Allen C wrote
              >>> Hi James,
              >>>
              >>> It's Greek to me...or rather Java:
              >>>
              >>> This is from 5.16.3RC1.
              >>>

              >> Excellent - that narrows it down to a problem with a spell, most likely
              >> that there is a spell that is not loading properly when you load your
              >> custom sources. When you do the load there is a window that pops up
              >> showing the progress and any errors encountered. Do you see anything in
              >> that window?
              >>
              >> Cheers,
              >> James.

              > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/