Re: [pcgen] [Mac] [Eric or Eddy] Re: Weapon Training feat [Pathfinder]

    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

      Flagging for one of them.

      On 6/30/2010 1:27 PM, David wrote:
      > Oh, and thanks all for the help!
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David"<klassen@...> wrote:
      >> I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.
      >>
      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@> wrote:
      >>> Hi,
      >>>
      >>> Preview uses the HTM code
      >>> OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
      >>>
      >>> Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
      >>> be able to help out.

      >>> --
      >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >>> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
        Hi Folks!

        Andrew wrote:
        > Flagging for one of them.

        As I stated earlier, I too have run into this problem on the Mac.
        Specifically, I use a G5 Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and PCGen 5.16.2
        with the PF Core Rules and Bestiary loaded.

        My wife's Half-Orc Fighter/5 has selected Weapon Training (Heavy
        Blades) but does not receive the bonus on her Falchion.

        I tried it on an Intel Mac running the same system and PCGen
        configuration but cannot remember the results. It was several months
        ago that I mentioned all of this so I'll have to try to rerun the test.

        In both cases I'm running the latest JAVA implementation.

        Maredudd

        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

          Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are getting any errors in the
          Console?

          David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd interaction in Mac and not a
          data issue.

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 7, 2010
            Bump

            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
              Bump again :)

            • David
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                in the data file.

                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 20, 2010
                  Hi all,

                  I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                  the OP please raise a JIRA?

                  Thanks,

                  On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                  > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                  > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                  > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                  > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                  > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                  > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                  > in the data file.
                  >

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrew Maitland
                  > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are
                  > getting any errors in the
                  > > Console?
                  > >
                  > > David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd
                  > interaction in Mac and not a
                  > > data issue.
                  > >

                  > > --
                  > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                  > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                • David
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                    Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                    > Hi all,
                    >
                    > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                    > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                    > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                    > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                    > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                    > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                    > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                    > > in the data file.
                  • Martijn Verburg
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                      Hi there,

                      Please see http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

                      Thanks!

                      On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                      > Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)
                      >

                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                      > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi all,
                      > >
                      > > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                      > > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks,
                      > >
                      > > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                      > > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                      > > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                      > > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                      > > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                      > > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                      > > > in the data file.

                    • Ainvar G
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                        JIRA is the system that the monkeys use to track requests and tasks.

                        http://jira.pcgen.org

                        Hope that helps.

                        ________________________________
                        Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                        > Hi all,
                        >
                        > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                        > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        >
                        > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                        >

                        > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                        > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                        > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                        > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                        > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                        > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                        > > in the data file.

                      • Ainvar G
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                          Oops, I was too slow!