Re: [pcgen] [BUG]Innate casterlevel messes up casterlevel of class spells

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
      On Thursday 01 July 2010 15:36:33 herzogaldilkassach wrote:
      > version: PCGen 5.16.2
      > dataset: 3.5 RSRD Basics
      >
      > To reproduce:
      >
      > Create a second level Gnome Wizard.
      >
      > Gnomes get some innate spells at caster level 1.
      >
      > In the wizard spell list, these same spells are also listed at caster level
      > 1, even though the class is now level 2.

      This behaviour is correct - the gnome's racial spell-like ability is always at
      caster level 1. The 3.5 SRD says this:

      > Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—speak with animals (burrowing mammal only,
      > duration 1 minute). A gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also has
      > the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound,
      > prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + gnome’s Cha modifier +
      > spell level.

      Regards,
      Stefan.
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
        Strike that answer. I misunderstood the original post. Sorry.

        Stefan.

        On Thursday 01 July 2010 15:44:35 you wrote:
        > On Thursday 01 July 2010 15:36:33 herzogaldilkassach wrote:
        > > version: PCGen 5.16.2
        > > dataset: 3.5 RSRD Basics
        > >
        > > To reproduce:
        > >
        > > Create a second level Gnome Wizard.
        > >
        > > Gnomes get some innate spells at caster level 1.
        > >
        > > In the wizard spell list, these same spells are also listed at caster
        > > level 1, even though the class is now level 2.
        >
        > This behaviour is correct - the gnome's racial spell-like ability is always
        > at
        >
        > caster level 1. The 3.5 SRD says this:
        > > Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—speak with animals (burrowing mammal only,
        > > duration 1 minute). A gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also has
        > > the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound,
        > > prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + gnome’s Cha modifier +
        > > spell level.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Stefan.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
        > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

      • herzogaldilkassach
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
          You're not reading what I'm writing.

          The innate spell like abilities based on spells are listed correctly in the output.

          The wizard spell list however also lists these spells, and also lists these spells at caster level 1.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:

          > On Thursday 01 July 2010 15:36:33 herzogaldilkassach wrote:
          > > version: PCGen 5.16.2
          > > dataset: 3.5 RSRD Basics
          > >
          > > To reproduce:
          > >
          > > Create a second level Gnome Wizard.
          > >
          > > Gnomes get some innate spells at caster level 1.
          > >
          > > In the wizard spell list, these same spells are also listed at caster level
          > > 1, even though the class is now level 2.
          >
          > This behaviour is correct - the gnome's racial spell-like ability is always at
          > caster level 1. The 3.5 SRD says this:
          >
          > > Spell-Like Abilities: 1/dayâ€"speak with animals (burrowing mammal only,
          > > duration 1 minute). A gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also has
          > > the following spell-like abilities: 1/dayâ€"dancing lights, ghost sound,
          > > prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + gnome’s Cha modifier +
          > > spell level.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Stefan.

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 7, 2010
            Can you try this with 5.16.3RC1 and report back please?

            On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM, herzogaldilkassach <
            herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:

            > You're not reading what I'm writing.
            >
            > The innate spell like abilities based on spells are listed correctly in the
            > output.
            >
            > The wizard spell list however also lists these spells, and also lists these
            > spells at caster level 1.
            >

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Stefan Radermacher
            > <radermacher@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > On Thursday 01 July 2010 15:36:33 herzogaldilkassach wrote:
            > > > version: PCGen 5.16.2
            > > > dataset: 3.5 RSRD Basics
            > > >
            > > > To reproduce:
            > > >
            > > > Create a second level Gnome Wizard.
            > > >
            > > > Gnomes get some innate spells at caster level 1.
            > > >
            > > > In the wizard spell list, these same spells are also listed at caster
            > level
            > > > 1, even though the class is now level 2.
            > >
            > > This behaviour is correct - the gnome's racial spell-like ability is
            > always at
            > > caster level 1. The 3.5 SRD says this:
            > >
            > > > Spell-Like Abilities: 1/dayâ€"speak with animals (burrowing mammal
            > only,
            >
            > > > duration 1 minute). A gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also
            > has
            > > > the following spell-like abilities: 1/dayâ€"dancing lights, ghost
            > sound,
            > > > prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + gnome’s Cha modifier
            > +
            > > > spell level.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Stefan.

          • herzogaldilkassach
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 7, 2010
              Installed 5.16.3RC1.

              Created gnome wizard lvl 2.
              Checked both preview and pdf export.

              spells provided as spell like abilities list casterlevel 1 in wizard spell list.

              Installed 5.17.3 Alpha.

              Created gnome wizard lvl 2.
              Checked both preview and pdf export.

              Spells provided as spell like abilities list casterlevel 1 for abilities, casterlevel 2 in wizard spell list.

              Seems to be a 5.16 problem.

              > Can you try this with 5.16.3RC1 and report back please?

              > On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM, herzogaldilkassach <
              > herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:
              >

              > > You're not reading what I'm writing.
              > >
              > > The innate spell like abilities based on spells are listed correctly in the
              > > output.
              > >
              > > The wizard spell list however also lists these spells, and also lists these
              > > spells at caster level 1.
              > >

              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Stefan Radermacher
              > > <radermacher@> wrote:

              > > level
              > > >
              > > > This behaviour is correct - the gnome's racial spell-like ability is
              > > always at
              > > > caster level 1. The 3.5 SRD says this:

              > > only,

              > > has
              > > sound,
              > > +
              > > >
              > > > Regards,
              > > > Stefan.

            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 7, 2010
                Pinging Tom about this, it might be something we can backport, not sure.

                On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:13 PM, herzogaldilkassach <
                herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:

                > Installed 5.16.3RC1.
                >
                > Created gnome wizard lvl 2.
                > Checked both preview and pdf export.
                >
                > spells provided as spell like abilities list casterlevel 1 in wizard spell
                > list.
                >
                > Installed 5.17.3 Alpha.
                >
                > Created gnome wizard lvl 2.
                > Checked both preview and pdf export.
                >
                > Spells provided as spell like abilities list casterlevel 1 for abilities,
                > casterlevel 2 in wizard spell list.
                >
                > Seems to be a 5.16 problem.
                >

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Can you try this with 5.16.3RC1 and report back please?

                > > On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM, herzogaldilkassach <
                > > herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > > You're not reading what I'm writing.
                > > >
                > > > The innate spell like abilities based on spells are listed correctly in
                > the
                > > > output.
                > > >
                > > > The wizard spell list however also lists these spells, and also lists
                > these
                > > > spells at caster level 1.
                > > >

                > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com> <pcgen%
                > 40yahoogroups.com>, Stefan Radermacher

                > caster
                > > > level

                > > > always at

                > mammal
                >
                > > > only,

                > also
                > > > has
                > ghost
                > > > sound,
                > modifier
                > > > +

              • thpr
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 7, 2010
                  Fix has been backported to 5.16.3, will be available in RC2

                  TP.