Re: Weapon Training feat [Pathfinder]

  • David
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
      Oh, and thanks all for the help!

      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

        Flagging for one of them.

        On 6/30/2010 1:27 PM, David wrote:
        > Oh, and thanks all for the help!
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David"<klassen@...> wrote:
        >> I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.
        >>
        >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@> wrote:
        >>> Hi,
        >>>
        >>> Preview uses the HTM code
        >>> OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
        >>>
        >>> Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
        >>> be able to help out.

        >>> --
        >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        >>> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
          Hi Folks!

          Andrew wrote:
          > Flagging for one of them.

          As I stated earlier, I too have run into this problem on the Mac.
          Specifically, I use a G5 Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and PCGen 5.16.2
          with the PF Core Rules and Bestiary loaded.

          My wife's Half-Orc Fighter/5 has selected Weapon Training (Heavy
          Blades) but does not receive the bonus on her Falchion.

          I tried it on an Intel Mac running the same system and PCGen
          configuration but cannot remember the results. It was several months
          ago that I mentioned all of this so I'll have to try to rerun the test.

          In both cases I'm running the latest JAVA implementation.

          Maredudd

          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

            Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are getting any errors in the
            Console?

            David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd interaction in Mac and not a
            data issue.

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 7, 2010
              Bump

              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                Bump again :)

                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                  And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                  version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                  Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                  adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                  in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                  the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                  in the data file.

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 20, 2010
                    Hi all,

                    I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                    the OP please raise a JIRA?

                    Thanks,

                    On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                    > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                    > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                    > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                    > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                    > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                    > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                    > in the data file.
                    >

                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrew Maitland
                    > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are
                    > getting any errors in the
                    > > Console?
                    > >
                    > > David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd
                    > interaction in Mac and not a
                    > > data issue.
                    > >

                    > > --
                    > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                    > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                  • David
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                      Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                      > Hi all,
                      >
                      > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                      > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                      >

                      > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                      > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                      > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                      > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                      > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                      > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                      > > in the data file.
                    • Martijn Verburg
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                        Hi there,

                        Please see http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

                        Thanks!

                        On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                        > Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)
                        >

                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                        > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi all,
                        > >
                        > > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                        > > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks,
                        > >
                        > > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                        > > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                        > > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                        > > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                        > > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                        > > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                        > > > in the data file.

                      • Ainvar G
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                          JIRA is the system that the monkeys use to track requests and tasks.

                          http://jira.pcgen.org

                          Hope that helps.

                          ________________________________
                          Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                          > Hi all,
                          >
                          > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                          > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          >
                          > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                          >

                          > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                          > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                          > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                          > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                          > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                          > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                          > > in the data file.

                        • Ainvar G
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                            Oops, I was too slow!