Re: Weapon Training feat [Pathfinder]

  • David
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
      I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.

      > Preview uses the HTM code
      > OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
      >
      > Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
      > be able to help out.
      >

      > On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
      > > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
      > > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
      > >
      > > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
      > > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
      > > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
      > >
      > > David
      > > Papa.DRB
      > >
      > > Grognard (definition 1)
      > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
      > > My better half and me
      > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
      > >
      > > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
      > >
      > >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
      > >>
      > >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
      > >>
      > >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.
      > >>

      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > Related Lists

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • David
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
        Oh, and thanks all for the help!

        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 1 7:58 AM

          Flagging for one of them.

          On 6/30/2010 1:27 PM, David wrote:
          > Oh, and thanks all for the help!
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David"<klassen@...> wrote:
          >> I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.
          >>
          >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@> wrote:
          >>> Hi,
          >>>
          >>> Preview uses the HTM code
          >>> OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
          >>>
          >>> Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
          >>> be able to help out.

          >>> --
          >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >>> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 1 8:07 PM
            Hi Folks!

            Andrew wrote:
            > Flagging for one of them.

            As I stated earlier, I too have run into this problem on the Mac.
            Specifically, I use a G5 Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and PCGen 5.16.2
            with the PF Core Rules and Bestiary loaded.

            My wife's Half-Orc Fighter/5 has selected Weapon Training (Heavy
            Blades) but does not receive the bonus on her Falchion.

            I tried it on an Intel Mac running the same system and PCGen
            configuration but cannot remember the results. It was several months
            ago that I mentioned all of this so I'll have to try to rerun the test.

            In both cases I'm running the latest JAVA implementation.

            Maredudd

            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 1 9:20 PM

              Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are getting any errors in the
              Console?

              David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd interaction in Mac and not a
              data issue.

            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 7 2:58 AM
                Bump

                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 13 1:33 AM
                  Bump again :)

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 13 3:25 PM
                    And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                    version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                    Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                    adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                    in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                    the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                    in the data file.

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 20 1:56 AM
                      Hi all,

                      I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                      the OP please raise a JIRA?

                      Thanks,

                      On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                      > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                      > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                      > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                      > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                      > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                      > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                      > in the data file.
                      >

                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrew Maitland
                      > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi,
                      > >
                      > > Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are
                      > getting any errors in the
                      > > Console?
                      > >
                      > > David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd
                      > interaction in Mac and not a
                      > > data issue.
                      > >

                      > > --
                      > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                      > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                    • David
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 29 6:50 AM
                        Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                        > Hi all,
                        >
                        > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                        > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        >
                        > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                        >

                        > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                        > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                        > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                        > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                        > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                        > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                        > > in the data file.
                      • Martijn Verburg
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 29 8:20 AM
                          Hi there,

                          Please see http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

                          Thanks!

                          On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                          > Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)
                          >

                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                          > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi all,
                          > >
                          > > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                          > > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                          > >
                          > > Thanks,
                          > >
                          > > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                          > > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                          > > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                          > > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                          > > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                          > > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                          > > > in the data file.

                        • Ainvar G
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 29 8:29 AM
                            JIRA is the system that the monkeys use to track requests and tasks.

                            http://jira.pcgen.org

                            Hope that helps.

                            ________________________________
                            Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                            > Hi all,
                            >
                            > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                            > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            >
                            > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                            >

                            > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                            > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                            > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                            > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                            > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                            > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                            > > in the data file.

                          • Ainvar G
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 29 8:29 AM
                              Oops, I was too slow!