Re: Weapon equipping proposal (was: UI Discussion of Inventory Tab)

  • dave_the_ferret
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 30, 2010
      Greetings,
      This sounds great, I've nearly always found that the weapon blocks were not always ideal - I'd only want that much detail for some weapons rather than all.
      Some way to tailor these for each character would be great. Though it can be handy to have all the combat options displayed, it takes up room, and I tend to have favourite combinations that are the only ones I want to refer to.

      I.e. There may be one weapon that I want to use one or two handed, and sometimes I may use a specific offhand weapon in combination with it, but all of my other weapons would only ever get used one handed - and that one offhand weapon never gets used as a primary, so that whole 'one or two handed & off handed weapon is heavy or light' block is just wasted ink generally other than for the two or three combinations I need.
      And at last I could do away with the throwing chart for a dagger, I've never thrown a dagger, its there on the equipment list for eating with not fighting! :-)

      And here's another - in one of my groups, some spare weapons are actually carried around for another player (his carry weight is restrictive), so options to have the weapon blocks show or not show at all for some carried weapons (or weapons flagged as 'not carried') would be handy.
      (hmmm, I need to add a 'container' named after another character!)

      Taking this a step further - could the AC for that combination be included as well as hit/damage? I.e combinations such as 'buckler and two handed sword', or 'heavy shield and single handed sword' would be handy.

      I would vote for this to be an option to use either the existing weapon block or the new style, selected *per character* (my mage couldn't care less about the weapon stats!)

      Also, as a preference, I wouldn't want this option to use extra sheets (though perhaps as a further option...), I'd like to use it so I can tailor it and see *only* the weapon stats I need, and thus make the entire character sheet easier to use.

      Cheers
      Dave

      > Hi all,
      > Since we are discussing the inventory UI I'd like to repeat a proposal
      > that was made some time ago
      SNIP...

      > It's probably possible to make this an additional feature without actually
      > removing the current equipping method and have a preference switch which
      > output to use. Thoughts?
      > --
      > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      > ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
      > ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 30, 2010
        Eddy,

        Could you please formalise this into a spec/JIRA?

        Thanks!