Re: [pcgen] Re: Weapon Training feat [Pathfinder]

    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010

      Preview uses the HTM code
      OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.

      Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
      be able to help out.

      On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
      > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
      > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
      >
      > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
      > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
      > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
      >
      > David
      > Papa.DRB
      >
      > Grognard (definition 1)
      > My better half and me
      >
      > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
      >
      >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
      >>
      >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
      >>
      >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • David
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
        I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.

        > Preview uses the HTM code
        > OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
        >
        > Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
        > be able to help out.
        >

        > On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
        > > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
        > > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
        > >
        > > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
        > > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
        > > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
        > >
        > > David
        > > Papa.DRB
        > >
        > > Grognard (definition 1)
        > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
        > > My better half and me
        > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
        > >
        > > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
        > >
        > >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
        > >>
        > >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
        > >>
        > >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.
        > >>

        > > ------------------------------------
        > >
        > > Related Lists

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • David
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
          Oh, and thanks all for the help!

          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

            Flagging for one of them.

            On 6/30/2010 1:27 PM, David wrote:
            > Oh, and thanks all for the help!
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David"<klassen@...> wrote:
            >> I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.
            >>
            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@> wrote:
            >>> Hi,
            >>>
            >>> Preview uses the HTM code
            >>> OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
            >>>
            >>> Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
            >>> be able to help out.

            >>> --
            >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >>> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
              Hi Folks!

              Andrew wrote:
              > Flagging for one of them.

              As I stated earlier, I too have run into this problem on the Mac.
              Specifically, I use a G5 Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and PCGen 5.16.2
              with the PF Core Rules and Bestiary loaded.

              My wife's Half-Orc Fighter/5 has selected Weapon Training (Heavy
              Blades) but does not receive the bonus on her Falchion.

              I tried it on an Intel Mac running the same system and PCGen
              configuration but cannot remember the results. It was several months
              ago that I mentioned all of this so I'll have to try to rerun the test.

              In both cases I'm running the latest JAVA implementation.

              Maredudd

              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

                Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are getting any errors in the
                Console?

                David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd interaction in Mac and not a
                data issue.

              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 7, 2010
                  Bump

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                    Bump again :)

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                      And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                      version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                      Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                      adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                      in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                      the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                      in the data file.

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 20, 2010
                        Hi all,

                        I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                        the OP please raise a JIRA?

                        Thanks,

                        On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                        > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                        > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                        > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                        > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                        > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                        > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                        > in the data file.
                        >

                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrew Maitland
                        > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi,
                        > >
                        > > Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are
                        > getting any errors in the
                        > > Console?
                        > >
                        > > David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd
                        > interaction in Mac and not a
                        > > data issue.
                        > >

                        > > --
                        > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                        > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                      • David
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                          Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                          > Hi all,
                          >
                          > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                          > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          >
                          > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                          >

                          > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                          > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                          > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                          > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                          > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                          > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                          > > in the data file.
                        • Martijn Verburg
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                            Hi there,

                            Please see http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

                            Thanks!

                            On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                            > Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)
                            >

                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                            > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Hi all,
                            > >
                            > > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                            > > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                            > >
                            > > Thanks,
                            > >
                            > > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                            > > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                            > > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                            > > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                            > > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                            > > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                            > > > in the data file.

                          • Ainvar G
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                              JIRA is the system that the monkeys use to track requests and tasks.

                              http://jira.pcgen.org

                              Hope that helps.

                              ________________________________
                              Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                              > Hi all,
                              >
                              > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                              > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                              >
                              > Thanks,
                              >
                              > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                              >

                              > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                              > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                              > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                              > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                              > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                              > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                              > > in the data file.

                            • Ainvar G
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                Oops, I was too slow!