Re: [pcgen] Re: Weapon Training feat [Pathfinder]

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
      Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
      Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.

      @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
      exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
      things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.

      David
      Papa.DRB

      Grognard (definition 1)
      My better half and me

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010

        Preview uses the HTM code
        OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.

        Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
        be able to help out.

        On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
        > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
        > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
        >
        > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
        > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
        > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
        >
        > David
        > Papa.DRB
        >
        > Grognard (definition 1)
        > My better half and me
        >
        > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
        >
        >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
        >>
        >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
        >>
        >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • David
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
          I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.

          > Preview uses the HTM code
          > OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
          >
          > Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
          > be able to help out.
          >

          > On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
          > > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
          > > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
          > >
          > > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
          > > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
          > > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
          > >
          > > David
          > > Papa.DRB
          > >
          > > Grognard (definition 1)
          > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
          > > My better half and me
          > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
          > >
          > > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
          > >
          > >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
          > >>
          > >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
          > >>
          > >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.
          > >>

          > > ------------------------------------
          > >
          > > Related Lists

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • David
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
            Oh, and thanks all for the help!

            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

              Flagging for one of them.

              On 6/30/2010 1:27 PM, David wrote:
              > Oh, and thanks all for the help!
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David"<klassen@...> wrote:
              >> I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.
              >>
              >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@> wrote:
              >>> Hi,
              >>>
              >>> Preview uses the HTM code
              >>> OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
              >>>
              >>> Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
              >>> be able to help out.

              >>> --
              >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              >>> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                Hi Folks!

                Andrew wrote:
                > Flagging for one of them.

                As I stated earlier, I too have run into this problem on the Mac.
                Specifically, I use a G5 Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and PCGen 5.16.2
                with the PF Core Rules and Bestiary loaded.

                My wife's Half-Orc Fighter/5 has selected Weapon Training (Heavy
                Blades) but does not receive the bonus on her Falchion.

                I tried it on an Intel Mac running the same system and PCGen
                configuration but cannot remember the results. It was several months
                ago that I mentioned all of this so I'll have to try to rerun the test.

                In both cases I'm running the latest JAVA implementation.

                Maredudd

                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

                  Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are getting any errors in the
                  Console?

                  David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd interaction in Mac and not a
                  data issue.

                • Martijn Verburg
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 7, 2010
                    Bump

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                      Bump again :)

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                        And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                        version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                        Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                        adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                        in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                        the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                        in the data file.

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 20, 2010
                          Hi all,

                          I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                          the OP please raise a JIRA?

                          Thanks,

                          On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                          > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                          > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                          > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                          > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                          > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                          > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                          > in the data file.
                          >

                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrew Maitland
                          > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi,
                          > >
                          > > Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are
                          > getting any errors in the
                          > > Console?
                          > >
                          > > David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd
                          > interaction in Mac and not a
                          > > data issue.
                          > >

                          > > --
                          > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                          > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                        • David
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                            Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                            > Hi all,
                            >
                            > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                            > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            >
                            > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                            >

                            > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                            > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                            > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                            > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                            > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                            > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                            > > in the data file.
                          • Martijn Verburg
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                              Hi there,

                              Please see http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

                              Thanks!

                              On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                              > Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)
                              >

                              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                              > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi all,
                              > >
                              > > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                              > > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                              > >
                              > > Thanks,
                              > >
                              > > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                              > >

                              > > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                              > > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                              > > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                              > > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                              > > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                              > > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                              > > > in the data file.

                            • Ainvar G
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                JIRA is the system that the monkeys use to track requests and tasks.

                                http://jira.pcgen.org

                                Hope that helps.

                                ________________________________
                                Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                                > Hi all,
                                >
                                > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                >
                                > Thanks,
                                >
                                > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                >

                                > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                > > in the data file.

                              • Ainvar G
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                  Oops, I was too slow!