Re: Weapon Training feat [Pathfinder]

  • David
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
      OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.

      So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.

      As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

      > Got the email. Copied data to fightermonk.pcg. Started up PCGen, loaded
      > the Pathfinder Core & Traits. Loaded the character.
      >
      > With Weapon Training (Monk) selected:
      > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
      > Unarmed +11/+6 1d6+6 20/x2 5
      >
      > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
      > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks), Monk
      > Weapons +1
      >
      > With Weapon Training (Monk) *NOT* selected:
      > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
      > Unarmed +10/+5 1d6+5 20/x2 5
      >
      > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
      > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks)
      >
      > As you can see, worked for me (personal html output sheet). I would not
      > know about Mac since I have a Dell / Windows Vista.
      >
      > I also tried with/without the potion of Bull Strength and also tried
      > weapon training (on/off) with axes and it works correctly in all cases.
      >
      > Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps it is a Mac issue, but I don't
      > know. We do have several Mac users among the monkeys so perhaps one of
      > them can work with it.
      >
      > David
      > Papa.DRB
      >
      > Grognard (definition 1)
      > My better half and me
      >
      > On 6/29/2010 10:04 AM, David wrote:
      > > I couldn't find a way to post or attach the file so I just opened it up in a text editor and did a cut/paste into an email message to you.
      > >
      > > Is the fact that I'm using a Mac important?
      > >
      > > -- Dave
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "papa_drb"<Papa.DRB@> wrote:
      > >
      > >> David, please save and upload the .pcg file (or just email it to me) and I'll take a look. Might be after 1700 EST before I get to it though.
      > >>
      > >> -- david
      > >> Papa.DRB

      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > Related Lists

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
        Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
        Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.

        @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
        exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
        things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        My better half and me

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010

          Preview uses the HTM code
          OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.

          Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
          be able to help out.

          On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
          > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
          > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
          >
          > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
          > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
          > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
          >
          > David
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > Grognard (definition 1)
          > My better half and me
          >
          > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
          >
          >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
          >>
          >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
          >>
          >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • David
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
            I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.

            > Preview uses the HTM code
            > OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
            >
            > Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
            > be able to help out.
            >

            > On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
            > > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
            > > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
            > >
            > > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
            > > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
            > > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
            > >
            > > David
            > > Papa.DRB
            > >
            > > Grognard (definition 1)
            > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
            > > My better half and me
            > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
            > >
            > > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
            > >
            > >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
            > >>
            > >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
            > >>
            > >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.
            > >>

            > > ------------------------------------
            > >
            > > Related Lists

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > --
            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • David
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
              Oh, and thanks all for the help!

              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

                Flagging for one of them.

                On 6/30/2010 1:27 PM, David wrote:
                > Oh, and thanks all for the help!
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David"<klassen@...> wrote:
                >> I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.
                >>
                >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@> wrote:
                >>> Hi,
                >>>
                >>> Preview uses the HTM code
                >>> OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
                >>>
                >>> Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
                >>> be able to help out.

                >>> --
                >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                >>> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                  Hi Folks!

                  Andrew wrote:
                  > Flagging for one of them.

                  As I stated earlier, I too have run into this problem on the Mac.
                  Specifically, I use a G5 Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and PCGen 5.16.2
                  with the PF Core Rules and Bestiary loaded.

                  My wife's Half-Orc Fighter/5 has selected Weapon Training (Heavy
                  Blades) but does not receive the bonus on her Falchion.

                  I tried it on an Intel Mac running the same system and PCGen
                  configuration but cannot remember the results. It was several months
                  ago that I mentioned all of this so I'll have to try to rerun the test.

                  In both cases I'm running the latest JAVA implementation.

                  Maredudd

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010

                    Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are getting any errors in the
                    Console?

                    David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd interaction in Mac and not a
                    data issue.

                  • Martijn Verburg
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 7, 2010
                      Bump

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                        Bump again :)

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                          And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                          version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                          Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                          adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                          in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                          the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                          in the data file.

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 20, 2010
                            Hi all,

                            I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                            the OP please raise a JIRA?

                            Thanks,

                            On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                            > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                            > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                            > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                            > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                            > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                            > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                            > in the data file.
                            >

                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrew Maitland
                            > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Hi,
                            > >
                            > > Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are
                            > getting any errors in the
                            > > Console?
                            > >
                            > > David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd
                            > interaction in Mac and not a
                            > > data issue.
                            > >

                            > > --
                            > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                            > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                          • David
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                              Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                              > Hi all,
                              >
                              > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                              > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                              >
                              > Thanks,
                              >
                              > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                              >

                              > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                              > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                              > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                              > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                              > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                              > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                              > > in the data file.
                            • Martijn Verburg
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                Hi there,

                                Please see http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

                                Thanks!

                                On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                                > Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)
                                >

                                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                                > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hi all,
                                > >
                                > > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                > > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                > >
                                > > Thanks,
                                > >
                                > > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                > >

                                > > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                > > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                > > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                > > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                > > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                > > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                > > > in the data file.

                              • Ainvar G
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                  JIRA is the system that the monkeys use to track requests and tasks.

                                  http://jira.pcgen.org

                                  Hope that helps.

                                  ________________________________
                                  Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                                  > Hi all,
                                  >
                                  > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                  > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                  >
                                  > Thanks,
                                  >
                                  > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                  >

                                  > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                  > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                  > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                  > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                  > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                  > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                  > > in the data file.

                                • Ainvar G
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                    Oops, I was too slow!