Re: [pcgen] Re: [Code] [Ubuntu] Easy-Peasy Netbooking missing books

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 29, 2010
      Hi Craig,

      You'll find that event though the sun version is installed the open java
      is still being used. See the instructions at the bottom of
      http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/faqpages/faqoutofmemoryandjavaissues.html

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 30/06/2010 10:01 AM Craig wrote
      > Ok, Thank you for the tip. I installed the sun java version and I get the same result. no books/datafiles. (I verified this at the command line as the most current version.)
      >

      > Do you have any other suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Craig
      >
      > On Jun 20, 2010, at 1:08 PM, thpr wrote:
      >

      >> You must use Sun's version of Java (sun-java6-jre).
      >>
      >> There is a known bug with the free version of Java (openjdk).
      >>
      >> TP.
      >>
      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> Hi,
      >>>
      >>> I'm flagging our coders, I think this is a known issue - but let me double check.
      >>> --
      >>> Andrew
      >>>

      >>> ________________________________

    • Craig
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 29, 2010
        I appreciate both suggestions. However I only have the sun java installed "There is only one alternative in link group java: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java"
        When I try to launch the preferences from the settings menu, I get no results.

        Thanks for your help,

        Craig
        On Jun 29, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Anestis Kozakis wrote:

        > On 30 June 2010 10:01, Craig <craig@...> wrote:
        > > Ok, Thank you for the tip. I installed the sun java version and I get the same result. no books/datafiles. (I verified this at the command line as the most current version.)
        > >

        > > Do you have any other suggestions?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Craig
        >
        > Check the options/preferences in PCGen to ensure the filepath for the
        > sources is pointing tot he correct directory/location.
        >
        > Anestis.
        >
        > --
        > Anestis Kozakis | kenosti@... | http://www.akozakis.id.au/

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 7, 2010
          What happens when you type java --version from the command line?

          On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Craig <craig@...> wrote:
          > I appreciate both suggestions. However I only have the sun java installed "There is only one alternative in link group java: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java"
          > When I try to launch the preferences from the settings menu, I get no results.
          >
          > Thanks for your help,
          >
          > Craig
          > On Jun 29, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Anestis Kozakis wrote:
          >
          >> On 30 June 2010 10:01, Craig <craig@...> wrote:
          >> > Ok, Thank you for the tip. I installed the sun java version and I get the same result. no books/datafiles.  (I verified this at the command line as the most current version.)
          >> >

          >> > Do you have any other suggestions?
          >> >
          >> > Thanks,
          >> > Craig
          >>
          >> Check the options/preferences in PCGen to ensure the filepath for the
          >> sources is pointing tot he correct directory/location.
          >>
          >> Anestis.
          >>
          >> --
          >> Anestis Kozakis | kenosti@... | http://www.akozakis.id.au/

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/