Re: [pcgen] Re: [Code] [Ubuntu] Easy-Peasy Netbooking missing books

  • Anestis Kozakis
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 29, 2010
      On 30 June 2010 10:01, Craig <craig@...> wrote:
      > Ok, Thank you for the tip. I installed the sun java version and I get the same result. no books/datafiles.  (I verified this at the command line as the most current version.)
      >

      > Do you have any other suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Craig

      Check the options/preferences in PCGen to ensure the filepath for the
      sources is pointing tot he correct directory/location.

      Anestis.

      --
      Anestis Kozakis | kenosti@... | http://www.akozakis.id.au/
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 29, 2010
        Hi Craig,

        You'll find that event though the sun version is installed the open java
        is still being used. See the instructions at the bottom of
        http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/faqpages/faqoutofmemoryandjavaissues.html

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 30/06/2010 10:01 AM Craig wrote
        > Ok, Thank you for the tip. I installed the sun java version and I get the same result. no books/datafiles. (I verified this at the command line as the most current version.)
        >

        > Do you have any other suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Craig
        >
        > On Jun 20, 2010, at 1:08 PM, thpr wrote:
        >

        >> You must use Sun's version of Java (sun-java6-jre).
        >>
        >> There is a known bug with the free version of Java (openjdk).
        >>
        >> TP.
        >>
        >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hi,
        >>>
        >>> I'm flagging our coders, I think this is a known issue - but let me double check.
        >>> --
        >>> Andrew
        >>>

        >>> ________________________________

      • Craig
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 29, 2010
          I appreciate both suggestions. However I only have the sun java installed "There is only one alternative in link group java: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java"
          When I try to launch the preferences from the settings menu, I get no results.

          Thanks for your help,

          Craig
          On Jun 29, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Anestis Kozakis wrote:

          > On 30 June 2010 10:01, Craig <craig@...> wrote:
          > > Ok, Thank you for the tip. I installed the sun java version and I get the same result. no books/datafiles. (I verified this at the command line as the most current version.)
          > >

          > > Do you have any other suggestions?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Craig
          >
          > Check the options/preferences in PCGen to ensure the filepath for the
          > sources is pointing tot he correct directory/location.
          >
          > Anestis.
          >
          > --
          > Anestis Kozakis | kenosti@... | http://www.akozakis.id.au/

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 7 3:01 AM
            What happens when you type java --version from the command line?

            On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Craig <craig@...> wrote:
            > I appreciate both suggestions. However I only have the sun java installed "There is only one alternative in link group java: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java"
            > When I try to launch the preferences from the settings menu, I get no results.
            >
            > Thanks for your help,
            >
            > Craig
            > On Jun 29, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Anestis Kozakis wrote:
            >
            >> On 30 June 2010 10:01, Craig <craig@...> wrote:
            >> > Ok, Thank you for the tip. I installed the sun java version and I get the same result. no books/datafiles.  (I verified this at the command line as the most current version.)
            >> >

            >> > Do you have any other suggestions?
            >> >
            >> > Thanks,
            >> > Craig
            >>
            >> Check the options/preferences in PCGen to ensure the filepath for the
            >> sources is pointing tot he correct directory/location.
            >>
            >> Anestis.
            >>
            >> --
            >> Anestis Kozakis | kenosti@... | http://www.akozakis.id.au/

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/