Re: [pcgen] Re: Weapon Training feat [Pathfinder]

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
      Hi Folks!

      I too use a Mac.

      Maredudd

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 29, 2010, at 10:04 AM, "David" <klassen@...> wrote:

      > I couldn't find a way to post or attach the file so I just opened it up in a text editor and did a cut/paste into an email message to you.
      >
      > Is the fact that I'm using a Mac important?
      >
      > -- Dave
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "papa_drb" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > David, please save and upload the .pcg file (or just email it to me) and I'll take a look. Might be after 1700 EST before I get to it though.
      > >
      > > -- david
      > > Papa.DRB
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hmmm... Works for me PCGen 5.16.2, Pathfinder core rules only. Attack
      > > > and damage on unarmed strike increases by 1 after selecting Monk for
      > > > Weapon Training 1.
      > > >
      > > > David
      > > > Papa.DRB
      > > >
      > > > Grognard (definition 1)
      > > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
      > > > My better half and me
      > > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
      > > > Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

    • David
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
        OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.

        So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.

        As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

        > Got the email. Copied data to fightermonk.pcg. Started up PCGen, loaded
        > the Pathfinder Core & Traits. Loaded the character.
        >
        > With Weapon Training (Monk) selected:
        > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
        > Unarmed +11/+6 1d6+6 20/x2 5
        >
        > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
        > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks), Monk
        > Weapons +1
        >
        > With Weapon Training (Monk) *NOT* selected:
        > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
        > Unarmed +10/+5 1d6+5 20/x2 5
        >
        > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
        > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks)
        >
        > As you can see, worked for me (personal html output sheet). I would not
        > know about Mac since I have a Dell / Windows Vista.
        >
        > I also tried with/without the potion of Bull Strength and also tried
        > weapon training (on/off) with axes and it works correctly in all cases.
        >
        > Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps it is a Mac issue, but I don't
        > know. We do have several Mac users among the monkeys so perhaps one of
        > them can work with it.
        >
        > David
        > Papa.DRB
        >
        > Grognard (definition 1)
        > My better half and me
        >
        > On 6/29/2010 10:04 AM, David wrote:
        > > I couldn't find a way to post or attach the file so I just opened it up in a text editor and did a cut/paste into an email message to you.
        > >
        > > Is the fact that I'm using a Mac important?
        > >
        > > -- Dave
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "papa_drb"<Papa.DRB@> wrote:
        > >
        > >> David, please save and upload the .pcg file (or just email it to me) and I'll take a look. Might be after 1700 EST before I get to it though.
        > >>
        > >> -- david
        > >> Papa.DRB

        > > ------------------------------------
        > >
        > > Related Lists

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
          Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
          Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.

          @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
          exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
          things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard (definition 1)
          My better half and me

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
            Hi,

            Preview uses the HTM code
            OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.

            Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
            be able to help out.

            On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
            > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
            > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
            >
            > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
            > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
            > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
            >
            > David
            > Papa.DRB
            >
            > Grognard (definition 1)
            > My better half and me
            >
            > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
            >
            >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
            >>
            >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
            >>
            >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          • David
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
              I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.

              > Preview uses the HTM code
              > OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
              >
              > Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
              > be able to help out.
              >

              > On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
              > > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
              > > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
              > >
              > > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
              > > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
              > > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
              > >
              > > David
              > > Papa.DRB
              > >
              > > Grognard (definition 1)
              > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
              > > My better half and me
              > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
              > >
              > > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
              > >
              > >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
              > >>
              > >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
              > >>
              > >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.
              > >>

              > > ------------------------------------
              > >
              > > Related Lists

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > --
              > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
              > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            • David
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
                Oh, and thanks all for the help!

                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                  Hi,

                  Flagging for one of them.

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                    Hi Folks!

                    Andrew wrote:
                    > Flagging for one of them.

                    As I stated earlier, I too have run into this problem on the Mac.
                    Specifically, I use a G5 Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and PCGen 5.16.2
                    with the PF Core Rules and Bestiary loaded.

                    My wife's Half-Orc Fighter/5 has selected Weapon Training (Heavy
                    Blades) but does not receive the bonus on her Falchion.

                    I tried it on an Intel Mac running the same system and PCGen
                    configuration but cannot remember the results. It was several months
                    ago that I mentioned all of this so I'll have to try to rerun the test.

                    In both cases I'm running the latest JAVA implementation.

                    Maredudd

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                      Hi,

                      Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are getting any errors in the
                      Console?

                      David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd interaction in Mac and not a
                      data issue.

                    • Martijn Verburg
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 7, 2010
                        Bump

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                          Bump again :)

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                            And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                            version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                            Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                            adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                            in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                            the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                            in the data file.

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 20, 2010
                              Hi all,

                              I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                              the OP please raise a JIRA?

                              Thanks,

                              On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                              > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                              > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                              > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                              > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                              > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                              > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                              > in the data file.
                              >

                              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrew Maitland
                              > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi,
                              > >
                              > > Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are
                              > getting any errors in the
                              > > Console?
                              > >
                              > > David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd
                              > interaction in Mac and not a
                              > > data issue.
                              > >

                              > > --
                              > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                              > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                            • David
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                                > Hi all,
                                >
                                > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                >
                                > Thanks,
                                >
                                > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                >

                                > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                > > in the data file.
                              • Martijn Verburg
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                  Hi there,

                                  Please see http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

                                  Thanks!

                                  On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                                  > Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)
                                  >

                                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                                  > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hi all,
                                  > >
                                  > > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                  > > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                  > >
                                  > > Thanks,
                                  > >
                                  > > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                  > > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                  > > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                  > > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                  > > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                  > > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                  > > > in the data file.

                                • Ainvar G
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                    JIRA is the system that the monkeys use to track requests and tasks.

                                    http://jira.pcgen.org

                                    Hope that helps.

                                    ________________________________
                                    Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                                    > Hi all,
                                    >
                                    > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                    > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                    >
                                    > Thanks,
                                    >
                                    > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                    >

                                    > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                    > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                    > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                    > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                    > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                    > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                    > > in the data file.

                                  • Ainvar G
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                      Oops, I was too slow!