Re: [pcgen] Re: Weapon Training feat [Pathfinder]

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
      I don't think so. I use one of the standard preview sheets and it showed
      correctly on that also (Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html). I also exported
      to the Compact.html sheet for both with/without weapon training and it
      showed correctly on both.

      David
      Papa.DRB

      Grognard (definition 1)
      My better half and me

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
        Hi Folks!

        I too use a Mac.

        Maredudd

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jun 29, 2010, at 10:04 AM, "David" <klassen@...> wrote:

        > I couldn't find a way to post or attach the file so I just opened it up in a text editor and did a cut/paste into an email message to you.
        >
        > Is the fact that I'm using a Mac important?
        >
        > -- Dave
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "papa_drb" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > David, please save and upload the .pcg file (or just email it to me) and I'll take a look. Might be after 1700 EST before I get to it though.
        > >
        > > -- david
        > > Papa.DRB
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hmmm... Works for me PCGen 5.16.2, Pathfinder core rules only. Attack
        > > > and damage on unarmed strike increases by 1 after selecting Monk for
        > > > Weapon Training 1.
        > > >
        > > > David
        > > > Papa.DRB
        > > >
        > > > Grognard (definition 1)
        > > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
        > > > My better half and me
        > > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
        > > > Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

      • David
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
          OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.

          So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.

          As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

          > Got the email. Copied data to fightermonk.pcg. Started up PCGen, loaded
          > the Pathfinder Core & Traits. Loaded the character.
          >
          > With Weapon Training (Monk) selected:
          > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
          > Unarmed +11/+6 1d6+6 20/x2 5
          >
          > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
          > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks), Monk
          > Weapons +1
          >
          > With Weapon Training (Monk) *NOT* selected:
          > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
          > Unarmed +10/+5 1d6+5 20/x2 5
          >
          > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
          > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks)
          >
          > As you can see, worked for me (personal html output sheet). I would not
          > know about Mac since I have a Dell / Windows Vista.
          >
          > I also tried with/without the potion of Bull Strength and also tried
          > weapon training (on/off) with axes and it works correctly in all cases.
          >
          > Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps it is a Mac issue, but I don't
          > know. We do have several Mac users among the monkeys so perhaps one of
          > them can work with it.
          >
          > David
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > Grognard (definition 1)
          > My better half and me
          >
          > On 6/29/2010 10:04 AM, David wrote:
          > > I couldn't find a way to post or attach the file so I just opened it up in a text editor and did a cut/paste into an email message to you.
          > >
          > > Is the fact that I'm using a Mac important?
          > >
          > > -- Dave
          > >
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "papa_drb"<Papa.DRB@> wrote:
          > >
          > >> David, please save and upload the .pcg file (or just email it to me) and I'll take a look. Might be after 1700 EST before I get to it though.
          > >>
          > >> -- david
          > >> Papa.DRB

          > > ------------------------------------
          > >
          > > Related Lists

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
            Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
            Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.

            @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
            exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
            things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
              Hi,

              Preview uses the HTM code
              OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.

              Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
              be able to help out.

              On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
              > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
              > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
              >
              > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
              > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
              > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
              >
              > David
              > Papa.DRB
              >
              > Grognard (definition 1)
              > My better half and me
              >
              > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
              >
              >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
              >>
              >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
              >>
              >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

              > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            • David
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
                I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.

                > Preview uses the HTM code
                > OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
                >
                > Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
                > be able to help out.
                >

                > On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
                > > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
                > > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
                > >
                > > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
                > > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
                > > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
                > >
                > > David
                > > Papa.DRB
                > >
                > > Grognard (definition 1)
                > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
                > > My better half and me
                > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
                > >
                > > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
                > >
                > >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
                > >>
                > >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
                > >>
                > >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.
                > >>

                > > ------------------------------------
                > >
                > > Related Lists

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                > >

                > --
                > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • David
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
                  Oh, and thanks all for the help!

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                    Hi,

                    Flagging for one of them.

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                      Hi Folks!

                      Andrew wrote:
                      > Flagging for one of them.

                      As I stated earlier, I too have run into this problem on the Mac.
                      Specifically, I use a G5 Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and PCGen 5.16.2
                      with the PF Core Rules and Bestiary loaded.

                      My wife's Half-Orc Fighter/5 has selected Weapon Training (Heavy
                      Blades) but does not receive the bonus on her Falchion.

                      I tried it on an Intel Mac running the same system and PCGen
                      configuration but cannot remember the results. It was several months
                      ago that I mentioned all of this so I'll have to try to rerun the test.

                      In both cases I'm running the latest JAVA implementation.

                      Maredudd

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                        Hi,

                        Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are getting any errors in the
                        Console?

                        David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd interaction in Mac and not a
                        data issue.

                      • Martijn Verburg
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 7, 2010
                          Bump

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                            Bump again :)

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                              And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                              version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                              Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                              adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                              in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                              the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                              in the data file.

                              Message 14 of 25 , Jul 20, 2010
                                Hi all,

                                I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                the OP please raise a JIRA?

                                Thanks,

                                On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                                > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                > in the data file.
                                >

                                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrew Maitland
                                > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hi,
                                > >
                                > > Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are
                                > getting any errors in the
                                > > Console?
                                > >
                                > > David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd
                                > interaction in Mac and not a
                                > > data issue.
                                > >

                                > > --
                                > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                                > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                              • David
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                  Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                                  > Hi all,
                                  >
                                  > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                  > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                  >
                                  > Thanks,
                                  >
                                  > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                  >

                                  > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                  > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                  > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                  > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                  > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                  > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                  > > in the data file.
                                • Martijn Verburg
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                    Hi there,

                                    Please see http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

                                    Thanks!

                                    On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                                    > Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)
                                    >

                                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                                    > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Hi all,
                                    > >
                                    > > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                    > > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                    > >
                                    > > Thanks,
                                    > >
                                    > > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                    > >

                                    > > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                    > > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                    > > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                    > > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                    > > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                    > > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                    > > > in the data file.

                                  • Ainvar G
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                      JIRA is the system that the monkeys use to track requests and tasks.

                                      http://jira.pcgen.org

                                      Hope that helps.

                                      ________________________________
                                      Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                                      > Hi all,
                                      >
                                      > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                      > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                      >
                                      > Thanks,
                                      >
                                      > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                      >

                                      > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                      > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                      > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                      > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                      > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                      > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                      > > in the data file.

                                    • Ainvar G
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                        Oops, I was too slow!