[pathfinder] Mysterious [MAGIC] penalty to ranged attack bonus

  • chiller4800
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2010
      Using v. 5.17.3
      pathfinder roleplaying game core rules

      I've made a lvl 1 Gnome Rogue, it says his ranged attack bonus is +3, but when I equip a weapon (crossbow [light] for example) the bonus shows up as +1. Looking at the troubleshoot format shows the following:

      To Hit: +1 = +0[BAB] +2[STAT] +1[SIZE] -2[MAGIC] Damage: 1d8;

      I have no idea where this penalty is coming from.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2010
        Wild guess, since I don't currently have 5.17.3 on my machine, but did
        you create a small light crossbow, or is this the "normal" medium sized
        light crossbow?

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)