Re: [pcgen] Weapon Training feat [Pathfinder]

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
      Hmmm... Works for me PCGen 5.16.2, Pathfinder core rules only. Attack
      and damage on unarmed strike increases by 1 after selecting Monk for
      Weapon Training 1.

      David
      Papa.DRB

      Grognard (definition 1)
      My better half and me

      On 6/29/2010 9:34 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
      > I have been having the same problem.
      >
      > PCGen 5.16.2 and the PF Core Rules + Bestiary.
      >

      > On Jun 29, 2010, at 9:17 AM, "David"<klassen@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I have a Monk/Fighter 2/5 and at the latest level of fighter I get a Weapon Training I class ability (feat). When I add one (tried natural, monk, and even axes---since he has a battle axe) it does not seem to do anything to the to-hit and damage bonuses on the character sheet or the preview tab.
      >>
      >> Is this a bug or am I missing something?
      >>
      >> Oh, running PCGen 5.16.2 with the Pathfinder game mode and only the core rules loaded.
    • papa_drb
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
        David, please save and upload the .pcg file (or just email it to me) and I'll take a look. Might be after 1700 EST before I get to it though.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        > Hmmm... Works for me PCGen 5.16.2, Pathfinder core rules only. Attack
        > and damage on unarmed strike increases by 1 after selecting Monk for
        > Weapon Training 1.
        >
        > David
        > Papa.DRB
        >
        > Grognard (definition 1)
        > My better half and me
        >
        > On 6/29/2010 9:34 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
        > > I have been having the same problem.
        > >
        > > PCGen 5.16.2 and the PF Core Rules + Bestiary.
        > >

        > > On Jun 29, 2010, at 9:17 AM, "David"<klassen@...> wrote:
        > >
        > >> I have a Monk/Fighter 2/5 and at the latest level of fighter I get a Weapon Training I class ability (feat). When I add one (tried natural, monk, and even axes---since he has a battle axe) it does not seem to do anything to the to-hit and damage bonuses on the character sheet or the preview tab.
        > >>
        > >> Is this a bug or am I missing something?
        > >>
        > >> Oh, running PCGen 5.16.2 with the Pathfinder game mode and only the core rules loaded.

      • David
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
          I couldn't find a way to post or attach the file so I just opened it up in a text editor and did a cut/paste into an email message to you.

          Is the fact that I'm using a Mac important?

          -- Dave

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
            Got the email. Copied data to fightermonk.pcg. Started up PCGen, loaded
            the Pathfinder Core & Traits. Loaded the character.

            With Weapon Training (Monk) selected:
            Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
            Unarmed +11/+6 1d6+6 20/x2 5

            o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
            bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks), Monk
            Weapons +1

            With Weapon Training (Monk) *NOT* selected:
            Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
            Unarmed +10/+5 1d6+5 20/x2 5

            o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
            bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks)

            As you can see, worked for me (personal html output sheet). I would not
            know about Mac since I have a Dell / Windows Vista.

            I also tried with/without the potion of Bull Strength and also tried
            weapon training (on/off) with axes and it works correctly in all cases.

            Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps it is a Mac issue, but I don't
            know. We do have several Mac users among the monkeys so perhaps one of
            them can work with it.

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me

            On 6/29/2010 10:04 AM, David wrote:
            > I couldn't find a way to post or attach the file so I just opened it up in a text editor and did a cut/paste into an email message to you.
            >
            > Is the fact that I'm using a Mac important?
            >
            > -- Dave
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "papa_drb"<Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
            >
            >> David, please save and upload the .pcg file (or just email it to me) and I'll take a look. Might be after 1700 EST before I get to it though.
            >>
            >> -- david
            >> Papa.DRB
            >>
            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender"<Papa.DRB@> wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hmmm... Works for me PCGen 5.16.2, Pathfinder core rules only. Attack
            >>> and damage on unarmed strike increases by 1 after selecting Monk for
            >>> Weapon Training 1.
            >>>
            >>> David
            >>> Papa.DRB
            >>>
            >>> Grognard (definition 1)
            >>> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
            >>> My better half and me
            >>> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          • David
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
              Since you're using your own output sheet, could that indicate an error in the standard output sheets...?

              > Got the email. Copied data to fightermonk.pcg. Started up PCGen, loaded
              > the Pathfinder Core & Traits. Loaded the character.
              >
              > With Weapon Training (Monk) selected:
              > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
              > Unarmed +11/+6 1d6+6 20/x2 5
              >
              > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
              > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks), Monk
              > Weapons +1
              >
              > With Weapon Training (Monk) *NOT* selected:
              > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
              > Unarmed +10/+5 1d6+5 20/x2 5
              >
              > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
              > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks)
              >
              > As you can see, worked for me (personal html output sheet). I would not
              > know about Mac since I have a Dell / Windows Vista.
              >
              > I also tried with/without the potion of Bull Strength and also tried
              > weapon training (on/off) with axes and it works correctly in all cases.
              >
              > Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps it is a Mac issue, but I don't
              > know. We do have several Mac users among the monkeys so perhaps one of
              > them can work with it.
              >
              > David
              > Papa.DRB
              >
              > Grognard (definition 1)
              > My better half and me
              >
              > On 6/29/2010 10:04 AM, David wrote:
              > > I couldn't find a way to post or attach the file so I just opened it up in a text editor and did a cut/paste into an email message to you.
              > >
              > > Is the fact that I'm using a Mac important?
              > >
              > > -- Dave
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "papa_drb"<Papa.DRB@> wrote:
              > >
              > >> David, please save and upload the .pcg file (or just email it to me) and I'll take a look. Might be after 1700 EST before I get to it though.
              > >>
              > >> -- david
              > >> Papa.DRB

              > > ------------------------------------
              > >
              > > Related Lists

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
                I don't think so. I use one of the standard preview sheets and it showed
                correctly on that also (Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html). I also exported
                to the Compact.html sheet for both with/without weapon training and it
                showed correctly on both.

                David
                Papa.DRB

                Grognard (definition 1)
                My better half and me

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
                  Hi Folks!

                  I too use a Mac.

                  Maredudd

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
                    OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.

                    So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.

                    As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

                    > Got the email. Copied data to fightermonk.pcg. Started up PCGen, loaded
                    > the Pathfinder Core & Traits. Loaded the character.
                    >
                    > With Weapon Training (Monk) selected:
                    > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
                    > Unarmed +11/+6 1d6+6 20/x2 5
                    >
                    > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
                    > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks), Monk
                    > Weapons +1
                    >
                    > With Weapon Training (Monk) *NOT* selected:
                    > Name (Natural) Hit Damage Threat Reach
                    > Unarmed +10/+5 1d6+5 20/x2 5
                    >
                    > o Weapon Training (Ex) Attacks with a weapon from listed groups, gain a
                    > bonus on attack and damage rolls. (Included in weapon blocks)
                    >
                    > As you can see, worked for me (personal html output sheet). I would not
                    > know about Mac since I have a Dell / Windows Vista.
                    >
                    > I also tried with/without the potion of Bull Strength and also tried
                    > weapon training (on/off) with axes and it works correctly in all cases.
                    >
                    > Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps it is a Mac issue, but I don't
                    > know. We do have several Mac users among the monkeys so perhaps one of
                    > them can work with it.
                    >
                    > David
                    > Papa.DRB
                    >
                    > Grognard (definition 1)
                    > My better half and me
                    >
                    > On 6/29/2010 10:04 AM, David wrote:
                    > > I couldn't find a way to post or attach the file so I just opened it up in a text editor and did a cut/paste into an email message to you.
                    > >
                    > > Is the fact that I'm using a Mac important?
                    > >
                    > > -- Dave
                    > >
                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "papa_drb"<Papa.DRB@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >> David, please save and upload the .pcg file (or just email it to me) and I'll take a look. Might be after 1700 EST before I get to it though.
                    > >>
                    > >> -- david
                    > >> Papa.DRB

                    > > ------------------------------------
                    > >
                    > > Related Lists

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • David R. Bender
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
                      Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
                      Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.

                      @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
                      exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
                      things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.

                      David
                      Papa.DRB

                      Grognard (definition 1)
                      My better half and me

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 29, 2010
                        Hi,

                        Preview uses the HTM code
                        OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.

                        Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
                        be able to help out.

                        On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
                        > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
                        > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
                        >
                        > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
                        > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
                        > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
                        >
                        > David
                        > Papa.DRB
                        >
                        > Grognard (definition 1)
                        > My better half and me
                        >
                        > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
                        >
                        >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
                        >>
                        >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
                        >>
                        >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.

                        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                      • David
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
                          I'll keep an eye out for any responses from them should they check in; it would be nice to hear if anyone else can duplicate the issue and even nicer is someone has a quick and easy solution.

                          > Preview uses the HTM code
                          > OUTPUTSHEETS - are how you export the PC sheet.
                          >
                          > Our two Mac PCGen Monkeys are Eddy Anthony and Eric Smith; they should
                          > be able to help out.
                          >

                          > On 6/29/2010 7:14 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
                          > > Well, sorry to hear that it is a Mac specific problem. I am sure that
                          > > Eric (and I think Eddy) have Macs and will look into it.
                          > >
                          > > @outputsheets/... are not preview sheets but are for print preview or
                          > > exporting. @preview/... is used for preview, but I never quite figured
                          > > things out so I don't use that, but always export or print preview.
                          > >
                          > > David
                          > > Papa.DRB
                          > >
                          > > Grognard (definition 1)
                          > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
                          > > My better half and me
                          > > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
                          > >
                          > > On 6/29/2010 8:42 PM, David wrote:
                          > >
                          > >> OK I've gotten pcgen installed on my PC (running WinXP) and loaded in my character and I can confirm that all the bonuses are indeed working, just as they work for you.
                          > >>
                          > >> So it seems to be some kind of Mac issue so at this point I have no clue what to do about it.
                          > >>
                          > >> As an aside: how do you get custom output html sheets? I downloaded your Pathfinder ones from the Files link over on the left there, put them into the outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml directory, but they don't show up on the dropdown list on the right-hand-side of the Character Sheet tab. Although, the Fantasy_Character_Sheet (the download with all the snazzy red/gold graphics) shows up.
                          > >>

                          > > ------------------------------------
                          > >
                          > > Related Lists

                          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                          > >

                          > --
                          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                          > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                        • David
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
                            Oh, and thanks all for the help!

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                              Hi,

                              Flagging for one of them.

                              Message 14 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                                Hi Folks!

                                Andrew wrote:
                                > Flagging for one of them.

                                As I stated earlier, I too have run into this problem on the Mac.
                                Specifically, I use a G5 Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and PCGen 5.16.2
                                with the PF Core Rules and Bestiary loaded.

                                My wife's Half-Orc Fighter/5 has selected Weapon Training (Heavy
                                Blades) but does not receive the bonus on her Falchion.

                                I tried it on an Intel Mac running the same system and PCGen
                                configuration but cannot remember the results. It was several months
                                ago that I mentioned all of this so I'll have to try to rerun the test.

                                In both cases I'm running the latest JAVA implementation.

                                Maredudd

                                Message 15 of 25 , Jul 1, 2010
                                  Hi,

                                  Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are getting any errors in the
                                  Console?

                                  David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd interaction in Mac and not a
                                  data issue.

                                • Martijn Verburg
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jul 7, 2010
                                    Bump

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                                      Bump again :)

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jul 13, 2010
                                        And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                        version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                        Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                        adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                        in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                        the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                        in the data file.

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jul 20, 2010
                                          Hi all,

                                          I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                          the OP please raise a JIRA?

                                          Thanks,

                                          On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                                          > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                          > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                          > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                          > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                          > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                          > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                          > in the data file.
                                          >

                                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrew Maitland
                                          > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Hi,
                                          > >
                                          > > Okay, well at least this is reproduce-able. Any chance either of you are
                                          > getting any errors in the
                                          > > Console?
                                          > >
                                          > > David said his is working fine; which leads me to believe it's an odd
                                          > interaction in Mac and not a
                                          > > data issue.
                                          > >

                                          > > --
                                          > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                                          > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                                        • David
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                            Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                                            > Hi all,
                                            >
                                            > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                            > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                            >
                                            > Thanks,
                                            >
                                            > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                            >

                                            > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                            > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                            > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                            > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                            > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                            > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                            > > in the data file.
                                          • Martijn Verburg
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                              Hi there,

                                              Please see http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

                                              Thanks!

                                              On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:

                                              > Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)
                                              >

                                              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn Verburg
                                              > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > Hi all,
                                              > >
                                              > > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                              > > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                              > >
                                              > > Thanks,
                                              > >
                                              > > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                              > >

                                              > > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                              > > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                              > > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                              > > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                              > > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                              > > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                              > > > in the data file.

                                            • Ainvar G
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                                JIRA is the system that the monkeys use to track requests and tasks.

                                                http://jira.pcgen.org

                                                Hope that helps.

                                                ________________________________
                                                Sure; can you tell me how to do that? (I don't know what a JIRA is...)

                                                > Hi all,
                                                >
                                                > I think at this stage we'd best tracker this and deal with it later. Can
                                                > the OP please raise a JIRA?
                                                >
                                                > Thanks,
                                                >
                                                > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM, David <klassen@...> wrote:
                                                >

                                                > > And just as a test, I took the character to my PC
                                                > > version, re-saved it, then transferred back to the
                                                > > Mac and it's still not getting the Weapon Training
                                                > > adjustment---not that I figured it would, but just
                                                > > in case the error was restricted to Mac's *adding*
                                                > > the feat but could deal with it if it was already
                                                > > in the data file.

                                              • Ainvar G
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jul 29, 2010
                                                  Oops, I was too slow!