[pcgen] Prestige Class(es) adding bonus spells to Base class(es)

  • k_o_s_c_u_m
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2010
      What I'm trying to do is to make an Exalted Arcanist from BoED. The
      thing is that it adds some new to the list of know spells of the base
      class it's assigned to, and that's where my problem is. At first, I used
      something like this: "CHOOSE:SPELLCLASSES
      SPELLKNOWN:CLASS|%LIST=3|<BONUS_SPELLS_GO_HERE>", but it didn't work. I
      think it's because %CHOICE doesn't return text type required as a
      parameter in SPELLKNOWN.

      Then, I made a workaround. I made EA caster class and added spells to
      it's spell list, but then I had some casterlevel issues. To fix it, I
      made a "feat" that adds casterlevel of Base class to casterlevel of EA,
      except it doesn't add casterlevel: "BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Exalted
      Arcanist|(CLASSLEVEL=%LIST)". The problem is that I can't find a way to
      accurately "extract" classlevel from Base class. As you can see, I'm
      adding classlevel from Base class which works well as long as it's
      "clean". As soon as I add another Prestige class that increases
      casterlevel of Base class, everything falls apart.

      The third option, which I'm avoiding, is to simply hard-code everything
      (as I did with Warmage's Advanced Learning... yup, Wrmg is my Base
      class).

      Is there some function or something that I keep missing that can make
      this work (there probably is :) )? I'd prefer something similar to my
      first method, because the way I see it, it's easy to modify for
      Warmage's Advanced Learning. Also, if you know a way to get proper
      casterlevel of a random class, do you mind posting that as well. Just
      remembered I might need it for Holy Scourge (CM). Very grateful in
      advance.