Re: Fwd: [pcgen] [pathfinder] Shadowdancer Shadow Companion - Fortitude saves

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
      On 02/06/2010 13:37, karianna03 wrote:
      > 5.17.3 Should be available from SF now (or very shortly)

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum<saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:
      >
      >> On 01/06/2010 19:39, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >>
      >>> Well, JIRA makes it easier to do it that way.
      >>>
      >>> Bug - Reported - Confirmed - "Resolved" - Closed on Fix Confirmed by original poster (if possible)
      >>>
      >>> It does require our bug reporters to stay in touch to make sure the bug is fixed. Variables have been discovered where a bug has been thought fixed, but the bug was still present based upon how the user used the program.
      >>>
      >>> Case in point our recent Language Removal Issue - If you did it one at a time, it would work, if you did two or more it failed.
      >>>
      >>> Anyways, any chance you can download the 5.17.3 version and test it for us ;)
      >>>
      >>> If not, I'll see what I can do when I get home.

      downloaded 5.17.3 from Sourceforge - installed & run.

      1) Fortitude save not fixed - still shows +0 in Ability and Misc bonuses
      - ie using "Con +0" rather than "Cha +2"

      2) Melee still shows attack using "Ability +0", and "Misc +2" (ie Dex -
      uses when "has no Str score" - incorporeal)

      3) a new bug is revealed -- I whipped up a bare minimum character: Rog 5
      Shad 3.
      Now... this PC only has a base Fort/Will of +2 (+1 from Rog 5, +1 from
      Shad 3), but the Shadow Companion has a Base save of +3 -- same as the
      wild Shadow.

      a quick return to the PFRPG - and p.392 clearly states ""the shadow uses
      the shadowdancer's base attack bonus and base save bonuses".... but it
      seems that actually it has been coded in PCGen like a Familiar, and uses
      "the better of shadow and shadowdancer base save".

      To reproduce

      1. start a new PC, align TN, race any eg Human - and make dex at least 13
      2. add Rogue levels, selecting Feats Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility
      along the way, select Perform (Dance) 3 and Stealth 5
      3. add 3 levels of Shadowdancer
      4. save

      now

      1. Inventory/resources/shadow companion [>]

      look at the Dancer's base saves (Fort 2, Ref 6, Will 2) + Ability mods
      look at the Sahdow's saves - base saves are 3/6/3, actual saves Fort 3
      (3+0), Ref 8 (6+2), Will 4 (3+1)

      not using Shadow's Cha +2 bonus but using Con +0.

      this is true on Character sheet tab as both preview.htm and
      troubleshooting.htm, and on the preview tab, and in export... to PDF
      using d20\fantasy\pdf\csheet_fantasy_simple_grey.xslt

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"