[TOM] Re: [BUG] Using 'defined' var value sets var to 0?

  • thpr
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2010
      Kar, Not sure I'm following what you're looking for...

      It's a bug report - but we will need data that reproduces this to do much on it... would be helpful to see if the data team can produce a distilled example - if not, we may need to get more of the data set where this happens.

      TP.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

      > Hi Tom,
      >
      > Not sure which way this one should go going forward, thoughts?

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
      > >
      > > * bump *
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > PCGen 5.16.2
      > > > rsrd + homebrew
      > > >
      > > > I ran into this trying to create an ability for a prestige class that is based on Turn Undead.
      > > >
      > > > When I tried to increase the relevant VAR with the turn undead var, something weird happened. This is (part of) my code:
      > > > CLASS:MySpecialPrc<NEWLINE>
      > > > 1<TAB>BONUS:VAR|PurgeUndeadLevel|TurnLevelUndead
      > > >
      > > > As a result, My Turn undead level (as displayed on the html preview) is set to 0, and the PurgeUndeadLevel remains at 0.
      > > >
      > > > If, instead, I use TurnLevelBase, My Turn Undead level (as displayed) is correct, and the PurgeUndeadLevel is set correctly.
      > > >
      > > > I noticed that TurnLevelUndead is set with a define (DEFINE:TurnLevelUndead|TurnLevelBase) instead of with a bonus (DEFINE:TurnLevelUndead|0<TAB>BONUS:VAR|TurnLevelUndead|TurnLevelBase)
      > > > in the RSRD.
      > > >
      > > > I changed the Turn Undead entry in the RSRD to use the define|0 and bonus|var , and this leads to correct behaviour in my prc.
      > > >
      > > > Conclusion:
      > > >
      > > > 1. Something strange happening when using DEFINE:MyVar1|MyVar2
      > > > I think this should either be disallowed (default define to 0 and remove optional initialization parameter) or fixed
      > > > 2. RSRD should use working data, so change RSRD t use DEFINE:TurnLevelUndead|0 etc.

    • karianna03
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2010
        Hi Tom,

        Agreed - herzogaldilkassach can you post your relevant data file(s) up the Y! File section?

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:

        > Kar, Not sure I'm following what you're looking for...
        >
        > It's a bug report - but we will need data that reproduces this to do much on it... would be helpful to see if the data team can produce a distilled example - if not, we may need to get more of the data set where this happens.
        >
        > TP.
        >

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Tom,
        > >
        > > Not sure which way this one should go going forward, thoughts?

        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > * bump *

      • herzogaldilkassach
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2010
          Uploaded minimalized dataset here:
          http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sPsHTDFC5PvnZ2iiyeUIaquQr5lISpwYJ9I0dwAS-awb1wzOP2R9XFuTqaYXTItEICwfWZC5N6LVzfgkmtF3Gw9TEgYdCute9TuwvSKtG1I/%27Need%20Help%20With%27/List%20Files/bugtest.rar

          I assume you have access to the 3.5 RSRD dataset.

          To reproduce:
          load rsrd (3.5 RSRD basics or more) and the BugTest dataset.

          create neutral good human cleric (one lvl).
          Add Turn Undead class ability.
          (check preview: turn undead lvl 1)
          add 1 level of BugTestClass
          (check preview: turn undead lvl 0)