Re: Fwd: [pcgen] [pathfinder] Shadowdancer Shadow Companion - Fortitude saves

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2 5:37 AM
      5.17.3 Should be available from SF now (or very shortly)

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum <saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:

      > On 01/06/2010 19:39, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      > > Well, JIRA makes it easier to do it that way.
      > >
      > > Bug - Reported - Confirmed - "Resolved" - Closed on Fix Confirmed by original poster (if possible)
      > >
      > > It does require our bug reporters to stay in touch to make sure the bug is fixed. Variables have been discovered where a bug has been thought fixed, but the bug was still present based upon how the user used the program.
      > >
      > > Case in point our recent Language Removal Issue - If you did it one at a time, it would work, if you did two or more it failed.
      > >
      > > Anyways, any chance you can download the 5.17.3 version and test it for us ;)
      > >
      > > If not, I'll see what I can do when I get home.
      > >

      > hudson is "alive", but keeps timing out on me... I can't actually
      > navigate through the website.
      >
      > --
      > Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      > ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
      > Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
      > Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/

    • Saxum Caribetum
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2 1:56 PM
        On 02/06/2010 13:37, karianna03 wrote:
        > 5.17.3 Should be available from SF now (or very shortly)

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum<saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:
        >
        >> On 01/06/2010 19:39, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        >>
        >>> Well, JIRA makes it easier to do it that way.
        >>>
        >>> Bug - Reported - Confirmed - "Resolved" - Closed on Fix Confirmed by original poster (if possible)
        >>>
        >>> It does require our bug reporters to stay in touch to make sure the bug is fixed. Variables have been discovered where a bug has been thought fixed, but the bug was still present based upon how the user used the program.
        >>>
        >>> Case in point our recent Language Removal Issue - If you did it one at a time, it would work, if you did two or more it failed.
        >>>
        >>> Anyways, any chance you can download the 5.17.3 version and test it for us ;)
        >>>
        >>> If not, I'll see what I can do when I get home.

        downloaded 5.17.3 from Sourceforge - installed & run.

        1) Fortitude save not fixed - still shows +0 in Ability and Misc bonuses
        - ie using "Con +0" rather than "Cha +2"

        2) Melee still shows attack using "Ability +0", and "Misc +2" (ie Dex -
        uses when "has no Str score" - incorporeal)

        3) a new bug is revealed -- I whipped up a bare minimum character: Rog 5
        Shad 3.
        Now... this PC only has a base Fort/Will of +2 (+1 from Rog 5, +1 from
        Shad 3), but the Shadow Companion has a Base save of +3 -- same as the
        wild Shadow.

        a quick return to the PFRPG - and p.392 clearly states ""the shadow uses
        the shadowdancer's base attack bonus and base save bonuses".... but it
        seems that actually it has been coded in PCGen like a Familiar, and uses
        "the better of shadow and shadowdancer base save".

        To reproduce

        1. start a new PC, align TN, race any eg Human - and make dex at least 13
        2. add Rogue levels, selecting Feats Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility
        along the way, select Perform (Dance) 3 and Stealth 5
        3. add 3 levels of Shadowdancer
        4. save

        now

        1. Inventory/resources/shadow companion [>]

        look at the Dancer's base saves (Fort 2, Ref 6, Will 2) + Ability mods
        look at the Sahdow's saves - base saves are 3/6/3, actual saves Fort 3
        (3+0), Ref 8 (6+2), Will 4 (3+1)

        not using Shadow's Cha +2 bonus but using Con +0.

        this is true on Character sheet tab as both preview.htm and
        troubleshooting.htm, and on the preview tab, and in export... to PDF
        using d20\fantasy\pdf\csheet_fantasy_simple_grey.xslt

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"