Re: Fwd: [pcgen] [pathfinder] Shadowdancer Shadow Companion - Fortitude saves

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
      This has been fixed. Shadow Companion now uses the same Template as the rest of the Undead.

      Just need a confirm that it works.

      ________________________________
      Date:     Tue, 25 May 2010 23:59:56 +0100
      From:     Saxum Caribetum <saxum.caribetum@...>
      To:     pcgen@yahoogroups.com

      replacing a broken Shadow Companion (from beta) with a newly generated
      replacement, I notice there's still a problem:

      We have a 10'th level PC (Rogue 7, ShadowDancer 3), with base saves of
      +3/+7/+3 -- these are correctly carried over to the Shadow Companion
      (PFRPG p.392), but the Fortitude Save has an Ability mod of +0.
      The Shadow is Undead, so PFB p.310, has no Con but uses Cha instead
      "when calculating ... Fortitude Saves.." (Reflex and Will saves appear
      to have correct bonus)

      (And a minor niggle - when the Shadow Companion is created, PCGen
      insists on rolling 2 D8 hit-points, presumably having given max HP for
      first HD ... but a Shadow Companion does not roll HP at all - rather it
      always uses 1/2 master's HP.  PCGen does in fact do this when it comes
      to real HP.)

      PCGen 5.17.2
      Pathfinder core, bestiary, bonus bestiary, traits (web enhancement)
      Windows 7 64-bit.

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"

      ------------------------------------

      Related Lists
      PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      ------------------------------------

      Related Lists
      PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Saxum Caribetum
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
        On 01/06/2010 18:09, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > This has been fixed. Shadow Companion now uses the same Template as the rest of the Undead.
        >
        > Just need a confirm that it works.

        ah -yes - that was the stumbling block.

        Thanks for the careful attention!

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
          Well, JIRA makes it easier to do it that way.

          Bug - Reported - Confirmed - "Resolved" - Closed on Fix Confirmed by original poster (if possible)

          It does require our bug reporters to stay in touch to make sure the bug is fixed. Variables have been discovered where a bug has been thought fixed, but the bug was still present based upon how the user used the program.

          Case in point our recent Language Removal Issue - If you did it one at a time, it would work, if you did two or more it failed.

          Anyways, any chance you can download the 5.17.3 version and test it for us ;)

          If not, I'll see what I can do when I get home.

          Andrew

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
            On 01/06/2010 19:39, Andrew Maitland wrote:
            > Well, JIRA makes it easier to do it that way.
            >
            > Bug - Reported - Confirmed - "Resolved" - Closed on Fix Confirmed by original poster (if possible)
            >
            > It does require our bug reporters to stay in touch to make sure the bug is fixed. Variables have been discovered where a bug has been thought fixed, but the bug was still present based upon how the user used the program.
            >
            > Case in point our recent Language Removal Issue - If you did it one at a time, it would work, if you did two or more it failed.
            >
            > Anyways, any chance you can download the 5.17.3 version and test it for us ;)
            >
            > If not, I'll see what I can do when I get home.

            hudson is "alive", but keeps timing out on me... I can't actually
            navigate through the website.

            --
            Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
          • karianna03
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
              5.17.3 Should be available from SF now (or very shortly)

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum <saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:

              > On 01/06/2010 19:39, Andrew Maitland wrote:
              > > Well, JIRA makes it easier to do it that way.
              > >
              > > Bug - Reported - Confirmed - "Resolved" - Closed on Fix Confirmed by original poster (if possible)
              > >
              > > It does require our bug reporters to stay in touch to make sure the bug is fixed. Variables have been discovered where a bug has been thought fixed, but the bug was still present based upon how the user used the program.
              > >
              > > Case in point our recent Language Removal Issue - If you did it one at a time, it would work, if you did two or more it failed.
              > >
              > > Anyways, any chance you can download the 5.17.3 version and test it for us ;)
              > >
              > > If not, I'll see what I can do when I get home.
              > >

              > hudson is "alive", but keeps timing out on me... I can't actually
              > navigate through the website.
              >
              > --
              > Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
              > ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
              > Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
              > Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/

            • Saxum Caribetum
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
                On 02/06/2010 13:37, karianna03 wrote:
                > 5.17.3 Should be available from SF now (or very shortly)

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum<saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:
                >
                >> On 01/06/2010 19:39, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                >>
                >>> Well, JIRA makes it easier to do it that way.
                >>>
                >>> Bug - Reported - Confirmed - "Resolved" - Closed on Fix Confirmed by original poster (if possible)
                >>>
                >>> It does require our bug reporters to stay in touch to make sure the bug is fixed. Variables have been discovered where a bug has been thought fixed, but the bug was still present based upon how the user used the program.
                >>>
                >>> Case in point our recent Language Removal Issue - If you did it one at a time, it would work, if you did two or more it failed.
                >>>
                >>> Anyways, any chance you can download the 5.17.3 version and test it for us ;)
                >>>
                >>> If not, I'll see what I can do when I get home.

                downloaded 5.17.3 from Sourceforge - installed & run.

                1) Fortitude save not fixed - still shows +0 in Ability and Misc bonuses
                - ie using "Con +0" rather than "Cha +2"

                2) Melee still shows attack using "Ability +0", and "Misc +2" (ie Dex -
                uses when "has no Str score" - incorporeal)

                3) a new bug is revealed -- I whipped up a bare minimum character: Rog 5
                Shad 3.
                Now... this PC only has a base Fort/Will of +2 (+1 from Rog 5, +1 from
                Shad 3), but the Shadow Companion has a Base save of +3 -- same as the
                wild Shadow.

                a quick return to the PFRPG - and p.392 clearly states ""the shadow uses
                the shadowdancer's base attack bonus and base save bonuses".... but it
                seems that actually it has been coded in PCGen like a Familiar, and uses
                "the better of shadow and shadowdancer base save".

                To reproduce

                1. start a new PC, align TN, race any eg Human - and make dex at least 13
                2. add Rogue levels, selecting Feats Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility
                along the way, select Perform (Dance) 3 and Stealth 5
                3. add 3 levels of Shadowdancer
                4. save

                now

                1. Inventory/resources/shadow companion [>]

                look at the Dancer's base saves (Fort 2, Ref 6, Will 2) + Ability mods
                look at the Sahdow's saves - base saves are 3/6/3, actual saves Fort 3
                (3+0), Ref 8 (6+2), Will 4 (3+1)

                not using Shadow's Cha +2 bonus but using Con +0.

                this is true on Character sheet tab as both preview.htm and
                troubleshooting.htm, and on the preview tab, and in export... to PDF
                using d20\fantasy\pdf\csheet_fantasy_simple_grey.xslt

                --
                Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"