[FREQ] use of CHOICE in jep functions

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1 9:32 AM
      Not sure if this is a. Freq already, but in my recent struggles to code up the more complicated prestige classes in the official 3.5 splatbooks, this is the feature i most often run in to not being implemented.

      Most of the time, I need to obtain something from another class, but without the option of using CHOICE I have to hardcode the class, or create multiple abilities (each with it's own hardcoded choice) to allow some limited choice.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1 11:34 AM

        What exactly are you trying to accomplish? LIST and CHOICE are very much usable within the JEP formula.

        If you want a FREQ I need a bit more to go on. A full proposal of what you want to happen.

        If you want help on how to use the JEP to accomplish those WotC splatbook, then ask... We prefer on the List File Help group, but I'm curious what you are trying to do that you can't currently with hardcoding.

        --
        Andrew

        ________________________________
        Not sure if this is a. Freq already, but in my recent struggles to code up the more complicated prestige classes in the official 3.5 splatbooks, this is the feature i most often run in to not being implemented.

        Most of the time, I need to obtain something from another class, but without the option of using CHOICE I have to hardcode the class, or create multiple abilities (each with it's own hardcoded choice)  to allow some limited choice.

        Related Lists
        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • herzogaldilkassach
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1 3:16 PM
          Away from datasets right now, but an example:

          BONUS:VAR¦MyVar¦charbonusto("CASTERLEVEL",CHOICE)