Re: [pcgen] Re: CR?

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1 8:35 AM
      If you are creating your own sheet, then simply use |CR| output token.

      From my personal output sheet:

      David
      Papa.DRB

      Grognard (definition 1)
      My better half and me

      On 6/1/2010 8:12 AM, Patrick Shrewsbury wrote:
      > I am using 5.17.2 Pathfinder set.
      >
      > Patrick Shrewsbury
      > Landstar SSL
      > Ph 606 928 3400 / Fax 2370
      > Cell 606 232 0883
      > Ashland, KY
      >

      > (please CC Missy Cogan, mcogan@..., if concerning a load
      > problem or immediate attn is required)

    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1 9:18 AM
        Well, as far as I can tell the CR is some kind of step-child of PCGen's
        right now.

        At least I had quite some problems with it.

        example:

        PCGen 5.16.2
        RSRD Partial (Basic, Monsters, Advanced)
        Kit: Ooze (Gray) Default
        has CR 4 (statblock2.htm for example shows this)

        now add 4 levels of Ooze.
        It still has CR 4, though CR should have increased
        - by 1 for the additional 4 HD
        - by 1 for the increased size (Large)
        adding upt to CR 6. These rules can be found in the 'Improving Monsters'
        RSRD file.

        The tags that allow changing CR (few as they are) are quite restrictive,
        too. As far as I can tell, they only accept numbers, not variables. At
        least the CR tag in templates only accepts plain numbers. I tried to use TL
        or some formula there, which failed.

        Susan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1 10:12 AM
          Step Child? Interesting term... I'd say that GMGen is the step child.  Is the CR OS Token not working?

          ________________________________
[...]

          ------------------------------------

          Related Lists
          PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1 10:17 AM
            TM note -

            FREQs
            #1 CR Not advancing per the rules
            1a. Increase per 'TYPE'
            1b. Increase per 'SIZE'

            FREQ #2
            CR needs better Bonusing capability
            2a. needs to Accept Formula

            That should get us started
            --
            Andrew

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1 11:31 AM
              On 6/1/10 12:18 PM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
              > The tags that allow changing CR (few as they are) are quite restrictive,
              > too. As far as I can tell, they only accept numbers, not variables. At
              > least the CR tag in templates only accepts plain numbers. I tried to use TL
              > or some formula there, which failed.

              Does BONUS:MISC|CR|x not take variables?

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Data, Docs& Tracker Chimp
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2 3:15 AM
                Quoting Eddy Anthony (eddyba@...):
                > On 6/1/10 12:18 PM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
                > > The tags that allow changing CR (few as they are) are quite restrictive,
                > > too. As far as I can tell, they only accept numbers, not variables. At
                > > least the CR tag in templates only accepts plain numbers. I tried to use TL
                > > or some formula there, which failed.
                >
                > Does BONUS:MISC|CR|x not take variables?

                It works! Hooray, it works! Thanks!

                I just wonder -- where would I have found that tag? I looked so hard when I
                tried to make it work in the first place...

                Thanks,

                Susan
              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2 6:29 AM
                  On 6/2/10 6:15 AM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
                  > Quoting Eddy Anthony (eddyba@...):

                  >> > Does BONUS:MISC|CR|x not take variables?
                  >>
                  > It works! Hooray, it works! Thanks!
                  >
                  > I just wonder -- where would I have found that tag? I looked so hard when I
                  > tried to make it work in the first place...

                  It's in the docs under BONUS/MISC, Yeah, pretty easy to miss. We should
                  probably have a link in the index with the CR entries.