Re: CR?

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
      I believe some of the Output Sheets provide this. - K

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick" <pshrewsbury@...> wrote:

      > I not sure if this has been brought up before or not. Is it possible to have the CR calculated. So that when you are building a NPC, a Monster with advanced HD or with class levels. There CR is calculated for you and placed on the character sheet tab. The same way the TCL is displayed.

    • Patrick Shrewsbury
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
        I am using 5.17.2 Pathfinder set.

        Patrick Shrewsbury
        Landstar SSL
        Ph 606 928 3400 / Fax 2370
        Cell 606 232 0883
        Ashland, KY

        (please CC Missy Cogan, mcogan@..., if concerning a load
        problem or immediate attn is required)

        I believe some of the Output Sheets provide this. - K

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick" <pshrewsbury@...> wrote:

        > I not sure if this has been brought up before or not. Is it
        possible to have the CR calculated. So that when you are building a
        NPC, a Monster with advanced HD or with class levels. There CR is
        calculated for you and placed on the character sheet tab. The same
        way the TCL is displayed.

        ------------------------------------

        Related Lists
        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
        PCGen's Online Docs:
        http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
        PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

        PCGen List File Help:

        PCGen Experimental:
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        05/31/10 02:25:00
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
          If you are creating your own sheet, then simply use |CR| output token.

          From my personal output sheet:

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard (definition 1)
          My better half and me

          On 6/1/2010 8:12 AM, Patrick Shrewsbury wrote:
          > I am using 5.17.2 Pathfinder set.
          >
          > Patrick Shrewsbury
          > Landstar SSL
          > Ph 606 928 3400 / Fax 2370
          > Cell 606 232 0883
          > Ashland, KY
          >

          > (please CC Missy Cogan, mcogan@..., if concerning a load
          > problem or immediate attn is required)

        • Susan Dittmar
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
            Well, as far as I can tell the CR is some kind of step-child of PCGen's
            right now.

            At least I had quite some problems with it.

            example:

            PCGen 5.16.2
            RSRD Partial (Basic, Monsters, Advanced)
            Kit: Ooze (Gray) Default
            has CR 4 (statblock2.htm for example shows this)

            now add 4 levels of Ooze.
            It still has CR 4, though CR should have increased
            - by 1 for the additional 4 HD
            - by 1 for the increased size (Large)
            adding upt to CR 6. These rules can be found in the 'Improving Monsters'
            RSRD file.

            The tags that allow changing CR (few as they are) are quite restrictive,
            too. As far as I can tell, they only accept numbers, not variables. At
            least the CR tag in templates only accepts plain numbers. I tried to use TL
            or some formula there, which failed.

            Susan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
              Step Child? Interesting term... I'd say that GMGen is the step child.  Is the CR OS Token not working?

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
                TM note -

                FREQs
                #1 CR Not advancing per the rules
                1a. Increase per 'TYPE'
                1b. Increase per 'SIZE'

                FREQ #2
                CR needs better Bonusing capability
                2a. needs to Accept Formula

                That should get us started
                --
                Andrew

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
                  On 6/1/10 12:18 PM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
                  > The tags that allow changing CR (few as they are) are quite restrictive,
                  > too. As far as I can tell, they only accept numbers, not variables. At
                  > least the CR tag in templates only accepts plain numbers. I tried to use TL
                  > or some formula there, which failed.

                  Does BONUS:MISC|CR|x not take variables?

                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  ~ PCGen Data, Docs& Tracker Chimp
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                    Quoting Eddy Anthony (eddyba@...):
                    > On 6/1/10 12:18 PM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
                    > > The tags that allow changing CR (few as they are) are quite restrictive,
                    > > too. As far as I can tell, they only accept numbers, not variables. At
                    > > least the CR tag in templates only accepts plain numbers. I tried to use TL
                    > > or some formula there, which failed.
                    >
                    > Does BONUS:MISC|CR|x not take variables?

                    It works! Hooray, it works! Thanks!

                    I just wonder -- where would I have found that tag? I looked so hard when I
                    tried to make it work in the first place...

                    Thanks,

                    Susan
                  • Eddy Anthony
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                      On 6/2/10 6:15 AM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
                      > Quoting Eddy Anthony (eddyba@...):

                      >> > Does BONUS:MISC|CR|x not take variables?
                      >>
                      > It works! Hooray, it works! Thanks!
                      >
                      > I just wonder -- where would I have found that tag? I looked so hard when I
                      > tried to make it work in the first place...

                      It's in the docs under BONUS/MISC, Yeah, pretty easy to miss. We should
                      probably have a link in the index with the CR entries.