CR?

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 10 , May 29, 2010
      I not sure if this has been brought up before or not. Is it possible to have the CR calculated. So that when you are building a NPC, a Monster with advanced HD or with class levels. There CR is calculated for you and placed on the character sheet tab. The same way the TCL is displayed.
    • karianna03
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
        I believe some of the Output Sheets provide this. - K

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick" <pshrewsbury@...> wrote:

        > I not sure if this has been brought up before or not. Is it possible to have the CR calculated. So that when you are building a NPC, a Monster with advanced HD or with class levels. There CR is calculated for you and placed on the character sheet tab. The same way the TCL is displayed.

      • Patrick Shrewsbury
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
          I am using 5.17.2 Pathfinder set.

          Patrick Shrewsbury
          Landstar SSL
          Ph 606 928 3400 / Fax 2370
          Cell 606 232 0883
          Ashland, KY

          (please CC Missy Cogan, mcogan@..., if concerning a load
          problem or immediate attn is required)

          I believe some of the Output Sheets provide this. - K

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick" <pshrewsbury@...> wrote:

          > I not sure if this has been brought up before or not. Is it
          possible to have the CR calculated. So that when you are building a
          NPC, a Monster with advanced HD or with class levels. There CR is
          calculated for you and placed on the character sheet tab. The same
          way the TCL is displayed.

          ------------------------------------

          Related Lists
          PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
          PCGen's Online Docs:
          http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
          PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

          PCGen List File Help:

          PCGen Experimental:
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          05/31/10 02:25:00
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
            If you are creating your own sheet, then simply use |CR| output token.

            From my personal output sheet:

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me

            On 6/1/2010 8:12 AM, Patrick Shrewsbury wrote:
            > I am using 5.17.2 Pathfinder set.
            >
            > Patrick Shrewsbury
            > Landstar SSL
            > Ph 606 928 3400 / Fax 2370
            > Cell 606 232 0883
            > Ashland, KY
            >

            > (please CC Missy Cogan, mcogan@..., if concerning a load
            > problem or immediate attn is required)

          • Susan Dittmar
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
              Well, as far as I can tell the CR is some kind of step-child of PCGen's
              right now.

              At least I had quite some problems with it.

              example:

              PCGen 5.16.2
              RSRD Partial (Basic, Monsters, Advanced)
              Kit: Ooze (Gray) Default
              has CR 4 (statblock2.htm for example shows this)

              now add 4 levels of Ooze.
              It still has CR 4, though CR should have increased
              - by 1 for the additional 4 HD
              - by 1 for the increased size (Large)
              adding upt to CR 6. These rules can be found in the 'Improving Monsters'
              RSRD file.

              The tags that allow changing CR (few as they are) are quite restrictive,
              too. As far as I can tell, they only accept numbers, not variables. At
              least the CR tag in templates only accepts plain numbers. I tried to use TL
              or some formula there, which failed.

              Susan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
                Step Child? Interesting term... I'd say that GMGen is the step child.  Is the CR OS Token not working?

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
                  TM note -

                  FREQs
                  #1 CR Not advancing per the rules
                  1a. Increase per 'TYPE'
                  1b. Increase per 'SIZE'

                  FREQ #2
                  CR needs better Bonusing capability
                  2a. needs to Accept Formula

                  That should get us started
                  --
                  Andrew

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
                    On 6/1/10 12:18 PM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
                    > The tags that allow changing CR (few as they are) are quite restrictive,
                    > too. As far as I can tell, they only accept numbers, not variables. At
                    > least the CR tag in templates only accepts plain numbers. I tried to use TL
                    > or some formula there, which failed.

                    Does BONUS:MISC|CR|x not take variables?

                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Data, Docs& Tracker Chimp
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                      Quoting Eddy Anthony (eddyba@...):
                      > On 6/1/10 12:18 PM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
                      > > The tags that allow changing CR (few as they are) are quite restrictive,
                      > > too. As far as I can tell, they only accept numbers, not variables. At
                      > > least the CR tag in templates only accepts plain numbers. I tried to use TL
                      > > or some formula there, which failed.
                      >
                      > Does BONUS:MISC|CR|x not take variables?

                      It works! Hooray, it works! Thanks!

                      I just wonder -- where would I have found that tag? I looked so hard when I
                      tried to make it work in the first place...

                      Thanks,

                      Susan
                    • Eddy Anthony
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                        On 6/2/10 6:15 AM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
                        > Quoting Eddy Anthony (eddyba@...):

                        >> > Does BONUS:MISC|CR|x not take variables?
                        >>
                        > It works! Hooray, it works! Thanks!
                        >
                        > I just wonder -- where would I have found that tag? I looked so hard when I
                        > tried to make it work in the first place...

                        It's in the docs under BONUS/MISC, Yeah, pretty easy to miss. We should
                        probably have a link in the index with the CR entries.