House rule - Extra HP

  • beakenator
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2010
      Hi all,

      I'm trying to create a house rule. In our campaign, humans are bumped up one hit die. So a wizard roles d6, fighter d12, etc. I've managed to create a races .lst file with a human copy and named with a subtype. I haven't had any luck getting the desired hp behavior though.

      Appreciate any help.
      Thanks,
      Eric
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2010

        This belongs over on List File Help, but I'm going to be busy and
        waiting for you to subscribe, post again and then answer over the
        holiday weekend isn't something I really want. So, I'm making this one
        tiny exception. (But post the rest over on List File Help)...

        Add this to your new race:

        HITDIE:%+2
        (This increasing the number of the die by 2)

        i.e.

        Fighter will have a d12, but a Barbarian will have a d14

        or

        HITDIE:%up1
        (This increases the step of the die by the next size)

        Fighter will have a d12, but a Barbarian will have ?? I'm not exactly
        sure, I'd need to look at the chart.

        Okay, that's it for the exception, enjoy your weekend, and post any
        follow ups on the correct list.

        Thanks.

        On 5/27/2010 9:34 PM, beakenator wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'm trying to create a house rule. In our campaign, humans are bumped up one hit die. So a wizard roles d6, fighter d12, etc. I've managed to create a races .lst file with a human copy and named with a subtype. I haven't had any luck getting the desired hp behavior though.
        >
        > Appreciate any help.
        > Thanks,
        > Eric

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin