Blackguards can't take extra turning

  • therealdraconite
    Message 1 of 13 , May 26, 2010
      How do I fix this?
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 13 , May 27, 2010
        PCGen level?
        Datasets loaded?
        Java level?
        Operating system?

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        My better half and me

        On 5/27/2010 2:54 AM, therealdraconite wrote:
        > How do I fix this?

      • therealdraconite
        Message 3 of 13 , May 27, 2010
          v5.16.2
          SRD 3.5e
          Not sure
          Windows 7

          > PCGen level?
          > Datasets loaded?
          > Java level?
          > Operating system?
          >
          > David
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > Grognard (definition 1)
          > My better half and me
          >
          > On 5/27/2010 2:54 AM, therealdraconite wrote:
          > > How do I fix this?

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 13 , May 27, 2010
            Yea, that is a problem. I will search to see if an existing data request
            or freq is opened, and if not open one.

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me

            Message 5 of 13 , May 27, 2010

              Turning is not granting the PRE for Extra and Improved Turning
              <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-27>

              Yes, someone put the qualifier in only the cleric turn undead, which is
              not correct per the feats.

              I've fixed the problem in the trunk David.

              To the original RP -

              DEFINE:AllowExtraTurning|1 DEFINE:AllowImprovedTurning|1

              Needs to go on the Basic Turning Ability, and not the Cleric Turning.

              On 5/27/2010 5:36 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
              > Yea, that is a problem. I will search to see if an existing data request
              > or freq is opened, and if not open one.
              >
              > David
              > Papa.DRB
              >
              > Grognard (definition 1)
              > My better half and me
              >
              > On 5/27/2010 5:18 PM, therealdraconite wrote:
              >
              >> v5.16.2
              >> SRD 3.5e
              >> Not sure
              >> Windows 7
              >>
              >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender"<Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
              >>

              >>> PCGen level?
              >>> Datasets loaded?
              >>> Java level?
              >>> Operating system?
              >>>
              >>> David
              >>> Papa.DRB
              >>>
              >>> Grognard (definition 1)
              >>> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
              >>> My better half and me
              >>> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

              > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            • therealdraconite
              Message 6 of 13 , May 27, 2010
                How do I fix this exactly? Do I do it in the list editor, and if so, where?

                Message 7 of 13 , May 27, 2010

                  This is best dealt with by hand editing.

                  navigate to your pcgen data folder -
                  d20ogl
                  srd35
                  basics
                  find the file "rsrd_abilities_class_base.lst

                  open that file, drop down to line 46 or so

                  You should see

                  Basic Turning

                  on that line is where you would add

                  DEFINE:AllowExtraTurning|1
                  DEFINE:AllowImprovedTurning|1

                  Note: These should be TAB separated, otherwise you'll break all your
                  classes that use Turning.

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 27, 2010
                    Ah, thanks.

                    > This is best dealt with by hand editing.
                    >
                    > navigate to your pcgen data folder -
                    > d20ogl
                    > srd35
                    > basics
                    > find the file "rsrd_abilities_class_base.lst
                    >
                    > open that file, drop down to line 46 or so
                    >
                    > You should see
                    >
                    > Basic Turning
                    >
                    > on that line is where you would add
                    >
                    > DEFINE:AllowExtraTurning|1
                    > DEFINE:AllowImprovedTurning|1
                    >
                    > Note: These should be TAB separated, otherwise you'll break all your
                    > classes that use Turning.
                    >
                    > On 5/27/2010 8:11 PM, therealdraconite wrote:
                    > > How do I fix this exactly? Do I do it in the list editor, and if so, where?
                    > >
                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >> To the original RP -
                    > >>
                    > >> DEFINE:AllowExtraTurning|1 DEFINE:AllowImprovedTurning|1
                    > >>
                    > >> Needs to go on the Basic Turning Ability, and not the Cleric Turning.
                    > >>

                    > > ------------------------------------
                    > >
                    > > Related Lists

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    > >

                    > --
                    > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                    > PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
                    > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                  • David R. Bender
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 28, 2010
                      Question? Is this the correct way to fix this?

                      Basic turning
                      Cleric turning
                      Paladin turning

                      There is no Blackguard turning

                      The Define's are in Cleric/Paladin turning, so if you removed it from
                      Cleric it needs to be removed from Paladin.

                      Would it be better to create an ability/feat to cover Blackguard turning
                      and add the variable definition there?

                      David
                      Papa.DRB

                      Grognard (definition 1)
                      My better half and me

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 28, 2010

                        As I understand it, the only prereq to get Extra and Improved Turning,
                        is the Basic ability to Turn or Rebuke Undead. Which implies that it
                        should go in the Basic Turning. Since it's a Simple DEFINE we can leave
                        it in the others for now. I've been going back through the rsrd data and
                        it seems a few things were done in such a way that I can't fathom. I'm
                        guessing the DEFINE is preferred to allow other creatures that don't
                        have "Turning" per se allow them to get it.

                        The Cleric and Paladin Turning is just to set the Number of Times, Level
                        of Ability, etc. But even that seems a bit of overkill when that could
                        have easily been set in the class. *shrug*.

                        I've left the tracker as resolved. Which allows Tir or another Chimp to
                        weigh in on the bug, if the solution is liked, we close the tracker,
                        case solved, if not, then another solution is come up with.

                        Though, in the blackguard case, does it need to have it's turning stuff
                        set up?

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 30, 2010
                          In the classes section of the Core Rulebook, page 154, Mithral, it says
                          that the armor is treated as one category lighter, *except* for
                          proficiency (page 155).

                          When I create Mithral Full Plate for my Ranger character who is not
                          proficient with Heavy Armor, he is now proficient with Mithral Full
                          Plate, and should not be.

                          I'd open a JIRA ticket, but I am not sure whether this would be an
                          equipmod change or new token or ?????

                          David
                          Papa.DRB

                          Grognard (definition 1)