Re: [pcgen] PCGen Board of Directors Open Meeting , 5/10/2010, 9:00 pm

    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2010
      Hi Folks,

      In order to become a Silverback, you must have shown consistent
      commitment to the Project. usually by participating in a general
      consistency of the position that you'd like. In most cases, the Board of
      Directors selects someone from the ranks to become a Silverback. Usually
      a person has attained the highest rank of Chimp before being called for
      'Silverback', though this is not always the case.

      The seconds are selected by the Silverback, or in the case of a missing
      Silverback, the Board will make recommendations and vote.

      These actions are usually behind the scenes. So join the project, be
      consistent and if you're truly dedicated, eventually someone will pull
      your name up for consideration.

      Showing up for the IRC meetings, though important, is not a major
      function for the Silverbacks. The reason we have problems getting
      everyone to show up is that we are an International Community. Everyone
      has differing schedules and making a time that ALL the members can make
      is not an easy task. Plus, having a quorum is nice for decisions, but
      not an absolute, we can hold votes off Board Meeting for major
      decisions. A Quorum just makes the process faster, and lets all the
      parties have a more lively discussion.

      You can see all the rules governing this project over on the WIKI, at
      'wiki.pcgen.org'.

      Cheers,

      On 5/10/2010 1:04 PM, John Kantner wrote:
      > I should be one of those (silverback/2nds). Why? Because I rule all.
      >
      > Plus I'd actually show up for the IRC chats.
      >
      > John
      >
      > On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 3:48 PM, David R. Bender<Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Nope.... Quorum call is for Silverback / 2nds.
      >>
      >> David
      >> Papa.DRB
      >>
      >> Grognard (definition 1)
      >> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
      >> My better half and me
      >> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
      >>

      >> On 5/10/2010 3:35 PM, John Kantner wrote:
      >>
      >>> Can a mere participant/user like me help make a quorum?
      >>>
      >>> John

      PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin