[pathfinder] character traits web enhancement

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3 12:36 PM
      looking in the file pathfinder_rpg_character_traits_abilities.lst, I see
      that many of the traits lack a BONUS field or anything similar... nor
      does the descriptive text include anything.

      Is this due to limitations in PCGen?
      If the bonus from the source cannot be figured by PCGen, is there no
      other way to indicate it on the printed character sheet, to remind the
      player of the benefit?

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3 12:43 PM
        Hi Folks,

        The trait and descriptive text will display on the character sheet. As
        to the traits and the lack of bonuses, I can't say as I've not looked at
        them personally. However, common rule of thumb, specific situational
        bonuses are NEVER coded, only generic permanent bonuses that are
        constant are coded up.

        i.e. +2 vs. Enchantment Spells (Not coded up); +2 to Will Save (Coded up).

        There has been an ongoing debate as to whether to include perm bonuses
        with a text saying it as well. There has been confusion in the past from
        that.

        On 5/3/2010 12:36 PM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        > looking in the file pathfinder_rpg_character_traits_abilities.lst, I see
        > that many of the traits lack a BONUS field or anything similar... nor
        > does the descriptive text include anything.
        >
        > Is this due to limitations in PCGen?
        > If the bonus from the source cannot be figured by PCGen, is there no
        > other way to indicate it on the printed character sheet, to remind the
        > player of the benefit?

        PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin