[pathfinder] how to activate Traits?

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2010
      I'm sure this has been asked before - but how to I "activate" the
      Character Treats game feature for Pathfinder characters?

      I'm running PCGen 5.17.2, I have data sets loaded for Pathfinder
      Roleplaying Game:
      Core Rulebook
      Bestiary
      Bonus Bestiary
      Character Traits Web Enhancement

      The Feats & Abilities tab has 4 tabs: Feats, Racial Abilities, Class
      Abilities, Traits
      and the Traits tab lists the 40 standard traits from the web-enhancement.

      So far so good -- but I can't select any. The RHS always reads "Traits
      (0/0)"

      There *is* a dropdown below the selected 0/0 traits, labelled "Traits",
      and an edit box labelled "remaining".

      if I manually edit this to "2", and tab away, I can select up to 2 Traits.

      Is this the only way to activate traits - manually push them to 2?

      Is there no way that loading the Traits data sets will allow selection
      of Traits?

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2010
        On Monday 03 May 2010 21:22:52 Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        > I'm sure this has been asked before - but how to I "activate" the
        > Character Treats game feature for Pathfinder characters?

        Go to the Race/Template tab and add the "Player Character Traits" template.
        Traits are not activated by default, because they are supposed to be only for
        PCs. If we would fill the pool by default, that would apply to NPCs and
        Monster too, even including Animal Companions or Familiars, which doesn√Ąt make
        much sens.

        Unfortunately I haven't found a better way to distinguish a PC from other
        Characters.

        Stefan.