Re: [pcgen] Re: Does PCGen cache ablitycategories?

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2010
      Hi Folks,

      The issue of missing abilitycategories -

      If you have any source referencing a non-existant category, i.e.
      ABILITY:Does Not Exist in Loaded Sources|AUTOMATIC|Ability in that pool

      or if you had previously saved a Character with those sources and then load said character without those sources.

      I've put in a verbal request that the pcg file only save ability pools that have a change, points, abilities taken, etc. But that's also in the group of requests for "Only Mark character as dirty with an actual change' not, I exported, I opened it, etc. Hm, I suppose I should actually tracker that.

      The Preference 'Show Portrait' must be checked which is why you're issue is occuring. Odd, that pcgen would be checking ability categories/pools for a simple picture load.

      Okay, TM Note:
      Bug - Prior to loading character file getting an Abilitycategory Error - corner case, but needs to be addressed
      Freq - PCG to only saves in-use abilitycategory pools (Mine are getting quite large with empty non-used pools)

      --
      Andrew

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2010
        On Monday 03 May 2010 16:17:49 Andrew Maitland wrote:

        > I've put in a verbal request that the pcg file only save ability pools that
        > have a change, points, abilities taken, etc. But that's also in the group
        > of requests for "Only Mark character as dirty with an actual change' not,
        > I exported, I opened it, etc. Hm, I suppose I should actually tracker
        > that.

        I support this. The more we use ability pools, the more this pads the pcg
        files unnecessarily.

        Stefan.