Class Ranks from Pathfinder not showing on output

  • Terry Milnes
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 27 7:00 PM
      I have a character that on my windows box shows the class modifier of +3 for
      skills on the character sheet. This same .pcg file on linux (same Data set
      and version 5.16.2) does not show the +3 skill modifier. Does anyone know
      why this happens? Is it a preference setting? I am frustrated at trying to
      figure it out.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 27 7:16 PM
        Hi Folks,

        It works on one OS, but not another? How very odd. Probably need a
        coder to take a look as this sounds system specific and not data specific.

        On 4/27/2010 7:00 PM, Terry Milnes wrote:
        > I have a character that on my windows box shows the class modifier of +3 for
        > skills on the character sheet. This same .pcg file on linux (same Data set
        > and version 5.16.2) does not show the +3 skill modifier. Does anyone know
        > why this happens? Is it a preference setting? I am frustrated at trying to
        > figure it out.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 27 7:41 PM
          Hi Terry,

          My first question would be do both systems have the same versions of
          the Pathfinder data sets installed?

          That then brings up a question for the data team - is there an easy
          way to identify the version of pathfinder data set installed? If not
          can we add something to the description in the PCC?

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB

          On 28 April 2010 12:00, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...> wrote:
          > I have a character that on my windows box shows the class modifier of +3 for
          > skills on the character sheet.  This same .pcg file on linux (same Data set
          > and version 5.16.2) does not show the +3 skill modifier.  Does anyone know
          > why this happens?  Is it a preference setting?  I am frustrated at trying to
          > figure it out.

        • Terry Milnes
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 28 4:14 AM
            Yes, both systems are on Set 6 and version 5.16.2. I am thinking to try
            moving my options.ini file and copying the one from Windows over to see if
            this works. Just a guess.

          • Terry Milnes
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 29 5:08 AM
              Just an update to this issue. I completely deleted my .pcgen folder on the
              linux system and un-installed PC-Gen from the computer and re-installed and
              now everything seems to be working fine. Don't really know what was causing
              it as I changed the options.ini file and that did not fix it. I could not
              see in the xslt files where it looks for Pathfinder and gives the +3 for
              class skills, but I have never worked with these files before either.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 29 5:21 AM
                Hi Terry,

                The OS files are an interweb/maze of cross references. I doubt the +3 for Class Skills is being called from the OS, it would be a Data File Issue, unless one of the PF monkeys has said specifically it's in the OS..

                Glad to hear it's working for you now.

                --
                Andrew

                ________________________________
                Just an update to this issue.  I completely deleted my .pcgen folder on the
                linux system and un-installed PC-Gen from the computer and re-installed and
                now everything seems to be working fine.  Don't really know what was causing
                it as I changed the options.ini file and that did not fix it.  I could not
                see in the xslt files where it looks for Pathfinder and gives the +3 for
                class skills, but I have never worked with these files before either.

                On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...> wrote:

                > Yes, both systems are on Set 6 and version 5.16.2.  I am thinking to try
                > moving my options.ini file and copying the one from Windows over to see if
                > this works.  Just a guess.

                ------------------------------------

                Related Lists
                PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 29 5:25 AM
                  On Thursday 29 April 2010 14:08:16 Terry Milnes wrote:
                  > Just an update to this issue. I completely deleted my .pcgen folder on the
                  > linux system and un-installed PC-Gen from the computer and re-installed and
                  > now everything seems to be working fine. Don't really know what was
                  > causing it as I changed the options.ini file and that did not fix it. I
                  > could not see in the xslt files where it looks for Pathfinder and gives
                  > the +3 for class skills, but I have never worked with these files before
                  > either.

                  That doesn't happen in the xslt file. PCGen does the calculation inside the
                  program, before any output is made. You can see that in the GUI, too.

                  Stefan.