Masterwork Items for Pathfinder.

  • Darrell D
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
      Is there a way to easily add miscellaneous Masterwork items like Thieves Tools or Instruments that increase specific skills?

      Going to sneak in a possible bug:

      When using Pathfinder Release 6, I find that when you "carry" 2 Javelins only 1 shows on the character sheet under attack. That's fine if they have the same stats.

      However, carry 3 (or more), and 2 show up.

      Is there a reason for that? Or is there a bug?
    • Darrell D
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Darrell D" <luciferlost@...> wrote:

        > Is there a way to easily add miscellaneous Masterwork items like Thieves Tools or Instruments that increase specific skills?

        I actually figured out how to do this... at least for Instruments and Thieves Tools... by creating a Custom Item off the originals. But I was wondering how I could take an item like a "Noble's Outfit" and have it apply to a skill like Perform:Oratory. When I try to create a custom item from the outfit, I don't have the option to add a skill bonus. Would I have to use the list editor?
      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
          Hi Folks!

          Darrell wrote:
          > Darrell wrote:
          > >
          > > Is there a way to easily add miscellaneous Masterwork items like
          > Thieves Tools or Instruments that increase specific skills?
          >
          > I actually figured out how to do this... at least for Instruments
          > and Thieves Tools... by creating a Custom Item off the originals.
          > But I was wondering how I could take an item like a "Noble's Outfit"
          > and have it apply to a skill like Perform:Oratory. When I try to
          > create a custom item from the outfit, I don't have the option to add
          > a skill bonus. Would I have to use the list editor?

          Tp create a Masterwork Outfit that grants such bonuses you would have
          to modify the existing LST code. Using the current scheme on such
          bonuses you would need to .MOD the Perform (Oratory) skill to add a
          prereq'd bonus (see the Craft skills for an example) and add an EQMOD
          for clothing.

          Maredudd