Where's the Umber Hulk?

  • Allen C
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11, 2010
      Hi folks,

      I'm trying to use PCGen to create, advance, and template an umber hulk. But when I click the "Create Monster/Add Kit" button, umber hulk does not show up in the list of kits.

      Am I just missing it? I thought all the MM 1 monsters were OGL and in the default kit list...

      Thanks,
      Allen
    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
        Dear Allen,

        Quoting Allen C (allen@...):
        > I'm trying to use PCGen to create, advance, and template an umber hulk.
        > But when I click the "Create Monster/Add Kit" button, umber hulk does not
        > show up in the list of kits.
        >
        > Am I just missing it? I thought all the MM 1 monsters were OGL and in the
        > default kit list...

        unfortunately not! *Most* MM1 creatures are in the SRD, but not all. Umber
        Hulk is not :-(

        Susan
      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
          Hi Folks!

          Allen C wrote:
          > I'm trying to use PCGen to create, advance, and template an umber
          > hulk. But when I click the "Create Monster/Add Kit" button, umber
          > hulk does not show up in the list of kits.
          >
          > Am I just missing it? I thought all the MM 1 monsters were OGL and
          > in the default kit list...

          There are a number of critters from MM1 that were not released as part
          of the SRD and are therefore not available under the OGL. The Umber
          Hulk is one of them I believe.

          Maredudd
        • Allen C
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
            Thanks for explaining it. Time for me to code up a monster!

            Allen

            > Hi Folks!
            >
            > Allen C wrote:
            > > I'm trying to use PCGen to create, advance, and template an umber
            > > hulk. But when I click the "Create Monster/Add Kit" button, umber
            > > hulk does not show up in the list of kits.
            > >
            > > Am I just missing it? I thought all the MM 1 monsters were OGL and
            > > in the default kit list...
            > >

            > There are a number of critters from MM1 that were not released as part
            > of the SRD and are therefore not available under the OGL. The Umber
            > Hulk is one of them I believe.
            >
            > Maredudd

          • John Carimando
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
              This is one of the many things that is great with PCGen. It's not there? Make it!