Re: [pcgen] New UI for PCGen

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 11, 2010
      Hi folks!

      Eddy Anthony wrote:

      > I like the layout but I'm concerned that it doesn't address the
      > issue of
      > being able to fit on smaller screens which is a problem with the
      > current
      > layout. Most of the other tabs allow the user to adjust the window
      > borders
      > as desired and it's always bothered me that the summary tab didn't
      > allow for
      > that. How hard would it be to implement that?

      Good point. I use a netbook on occasion and PCGen doesn't fit within
      its 1024x600 screen as it is.

      Also, in relation to the other tabs and the ability to resize the
      panes, PCGen on the Mac doesn't remember the pane sizes well. I am
      constantly having to resize the panes back to where I can see whats in
      them. PCGen seems to want to provide the most real-estate for the
      lower right pane.

      Maredudd
    • karianna03
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 14, 2010
        Hi all,

        FYI, I've amalgamated all of the comments on the mailing list onto the talk page for the new Summary tab.

        It's really pleasing to hear that a majority of you are happy with the minimalist 0.2 design and that we're now at the stage of producing small tweaks to that.

        Connor et al will be continuing to code up the latest version and John will work on producing another screenshot with some solutions to the common issues that have been reported.

        Other questions/comments were more for the developers and they've taken them on board although there will be a further rounds of discussion once a working prototype is let loose upon the world.

        Thanks again for the awesome input on the new UI, I think it's going to be a major positive step for PCGen.