Re: [pcgen] New UI for PCGen

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 11, 2010
      The 'edit' button next to HP in the Encounter details pane seems out of
      place since everything else in those panels are just display. I would
      suggest the Edit hit points button belongs over in the class and level pane
      where there is already a HP column in the class table. The HP total can stay
      where it is, just move the button.

      I like the layout but I'm concerned that it doesn't address the issue of
      being able to fit on smaller screens which is a problem with the current
      layout. Most of the other tabs allow the user to adjust the window borders
      as desired and it's always bothered me that the summary tab didn't allow for
      that. How hard would it be to implement that?

      What happens to the Languages and Class tables when the overflow? Can we
      assume a slider will appear so you can scroll?

      The languages table is a good addition to the summary tab and get us 1/3 of
      the way to eliminating the odd tab/window it came from. However it needs to
      account for adding languages from two different sources, bonus languages for
      high INT and those purchased with skill points. Maybe this can be handled
      within the design of the window that opens when you click the add language
      button so that it is apparent how the language is gained in there rather
      than just having two buttons in the summary tab.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 14, 2010
        Hi all,

        FYI, I've amalgamated all of the comments on the mailing list onto the talk page for the new Summary tab.

        It's really pleasing to hear that a majority of you are happy with the minimalist 0.2 design and that we're now at the stage of producing small tweaks to that.

        Connor et al will be continuing to code up the latest version and John will work on producing another screenshot with some solutions to the common issues that have been reported.

        Other questions/comments were more for the developers and they've taken them on board although there will be a further rounds of discussion once a working prototype is let loose upon the world.

        Thanks again for the awesome input on the new UI, I think it's going to be a major positive step for PCGen.