Re: [pcgen] New UI for PCGen

  • John Carimando
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 11, 2010
      @ Andrew

      Also, it may be me; but can we change the icon from a little checkmark
      on a clipboard to a Red Exclamation Mark '!'
      I agree with that. The "!" is more of an attention getting icon then a check mark. Checks denote things that are already completed, so currently we are going against that convention.

      This is me, but can we have the 'Need Something Done Here' Icon 'space'
      stay fixed spacewise on the tab
      We could also deal with this one by coloring tabs that need to be addressed in a different color. Or otherwise leave a space on all the tabs for the "!" icon.

      "Ability: Bonuses Remain to be selected" < What is that referencing?
      I just copied and pasted whatever I saw when you first make a character. Just a note for anyone looking at the layout. Please don't think what is depicted is the actual data going to be shown. They are just placeholders. So, stuff like the icons on the center bottom, the stats, and the data in 'things to be done' all switch depending on the game system being used. In earlier layouts there may have been confusion about this.

      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 14, 2010
        Hi all,

        FYI, I've amalgamated all of the comments on the mailing list onto the talk page for the new Summary tab.

        It's really pleasing to hear that a majority of you are happy with the minimalist 0.2 design and that we're now at the stage of producing small tweaks to that.

        Connor et al will be continuing to code up the latest version and John will work on producing another screenshot with some solutions to the common issues that have been reported.

        Other questions/comments were more for the developers and they've taken them on board although there will be a further rounds of discussion once a working prototype is let loose upon the world.

        Thanks again for the awesome input on the new UI, I think it's going to be a major positive step for PCGen.